Talk

Advanced search

Cyclizine for extreme nausea?

(5 Posts)
LouJ85 Sat 15-Aug-20 09:12:53

Hi all
I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant and the horrific nausea has kicked in. I'm not actually vomiting but just feeling absolutely sick as a dog and barely able to leave my bed. GP has prescribed cyclizine, I've just taken my first dose this morning and the nausea has already subsided a lot. However I'm also worried that it's not safe for baby - I've read mixed things about it.

Did anyone have any experiences of taking it? Can anyone help put my mind at rest? Thank you...

OP’s posts: |
MrsJamieLWeir Sat 15-Aug-20 09:20:00

I’ve been on it since about week 8, now 18 weeks. Had a scan at 16 and everything was fine... I don’t think they would prescribe it if it wasn’t safe. When the hospital gave it me they said it was totally safe for baby.

scrivette Sat 15-Aug-20 09:24:39

I took it for most of my pregnancy and the baby was fine. They wouldn't prescribe it if it was unsafe.

LouJ85 Sat 15-Aug-20 09:31:34

Thank you both, I think I'm more worried because I had a miscarriage in the past (nothing to do with medications, I didn't take any), and because I'm only 5 weeks I'm just very anxious and aware things could still go wrong sad

I really should avoid googling things - all it takes is that one experience where someone links something bad that happened to the medication and I start to panic...

OP’s posts: |
1WildTeaParty Sat 15-Aug-20 21:31:14

It isn't new op - and has been very well tested by very many women and babies over very many years.

How great that it helps a bit.

I understand your concern-of course.

However, keep in mind that feeling sick makes it difficult for you to eat well and that might have more of an effect on the baby. It isn't just a case that avoiding drugs is best.

+Happiness should not be underrated.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in