Talk

Advanced search

Anyone waiting to ttc AGAIN? Currently in the middle of my 2nd miscarriage.. .

(9 Posts)
Nuttypea Wed 12-Aug-20 16:40:44

So I'm trying not to lose hope. I've had a good cry and today I had a scan and blood tests to confirm I had in fact miscarried.

First was on 10th Feb 2020, and this time 10 August 2020.

Last time we chose to wait for a 'normal' period before ttc again. This time I couldn't give a flying toss! I'm desperate, I want to start trying as soon as this bleeding stops.

Are any of you in the same/similar boat, and would like to battle through the next shit storm with me?

My DH is an amazing and wonderful support, but I can't help but feel he's said and done all he can. Nobody can quite understand it unless they have been through it themselves, and I'm worried I'm going to lose the plot.

Xx

OP’s posts: |
Grumpy19 Wed 12-Aug-20 20:05:10

So sorry to read this. I don't have any experience with this but wanted to give your post a bump in case someone else with experience comes along.
Be kind to yourself flowers

LittleBrownBaby Fri 14-Aug-20 11:56:45

Sorry to hear this! I MC in Oct 2019 and March 2020 and now pregnant again but have had some spotting. Had a scan today and 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat. It's really hard to feel relaxed after two MC but I think staying positive is so important. So sorry you're going through this - such a hard and lonely time. Stay strong x

Nuttypea Fri 14-Aug-20 12:55:44

Thank you @Grumpy19

I'm sorry to hear about your MC's @LittleBrownBaby and hope that the spotting is all that it is, bet it was amazing seeing the heartbeat! I have everything crossed for you. Did it take you that long to cocnceive after your 2nd MC or did you decide to wait? (Hope you don't me asking)

chloxhunt Fri 14-Aug-20 18:31:46

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Smp321 Fri 14-Aug-20 21:05:50

Hi @Nuttypea ! So sorry to hear about your losses. I am in a very similar situation as yourself. Had my first loss in November 2019 and recently had a 2nd loss 26th July. Like yourself, we waited one full cycle before TTC after the first time. Again like you, that is out of the window this time I don't want to wait.

I sort of feel that if we do wait that it will be a full cycle wasted in a way. I am impatient and the heartache that dragged on after last time I do not want to put myself through again. So this time we have picked ourselves up and dusted ourselves off and not waiting!

My fingers are crossed for you a BFP soon! xx

Nuttypea Fri 14-Aug-20 22:29:12

@Smp321Sp sorry to hear you too, have bene through the mill.

I'm the same tbh, I feel like it would be a waste of a month. Best case scenario, obviously a pregnancy and a baby (third time luck right?) and if the worse happens and it is another msocarriage, I've tried to comfort myself in the fact that after 3 some investigations will be done. As awful as that sounds.

Will this be your first baby?
Xx

Nuttypea Fri 14-Aug-20 22:30:45

Excuse the typos etc. Trying to type in the dark without my specs! 🤦‍♀️

Smp321 Fri 14-Aug-20 23:03:05

@Nuttypea Yes I'm the same. Although there is a bit comfort in that, I still feel a bit nervous if it does come to that. I feel like it's such a cruel system to have to go through that same pain 3 times. Also when I had a BFP the second time most recently, I was so so nervous. Going to the loo every 5 mins and having a wipe at every twinge to make sure all is ok. I feel like my emotions will just escalate for the worst the next time i get a BFP.

Although I am trying to be calm and not be too hard on myself. I hope you're doing the same too!

Yes this will be my first so it is all very new to me! How about you?
xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in