Talk

Advanced search

How often does your baby/babies move ?

(5 Posts)
Lunardreams Thu 06-Aug-20 20:43:02

I'm currently 26 weeks and my wee guys movements are always worrying me.
He'll have days were he does like 2/3 movements in a day and others were he moves a lot more.
Last week he had a day where he did not move at all and the next day he was back to his usual self.
I'm always so anxious about this and I think my midwife is going to throw me in the bin soon as I'm always calling.
I know everyone is so different but wondering if anyone feels the same way ?

OP’s posts: |
October2020 Thu 06-Aug-20 20:44:23

I've been similar. My baby has no pattern which has stressed me out no end. Midwives would always rather see you than not so if you are unsure please ring. I have to say I'm nearly 30 weeks now and it has got stronger the last week or so (but still have some quieter days!)

Lunardreams Thu 06-Aug-20 20:52:14

@October2020 It's so stressful isn't it. Especially when they tell you to call if you notice any changes to baby's movements. I'm sorry you've been feeling this too but it's reassuring to know that others experience this. Glad you're starting to feel your wee one more smile will hope I will to the further along I get.

OP’s posts: |
October2020 Thu 06-Aug-20 21:01:51

I've had at least 4 movement checks since i started feeling her move at 20 weeks. They have been completely lovely about it every single time and always tell me they would rather see me every day than miss the one time I need to go in.

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 06-Aug-20 21:05:12

I would say I have 3 main times where I will feel my baby moving. She’ll do lots of movements during these times but I’ll sometimes feel her in between too. These in between times won’t be as strong.

I’m 33+5 and I have found she is more of a wriggler than a kicker. This means I can sometimes miss things if I’m busy. She rolls around or sticks her bottom out rather than always kicking or waving her arms.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in