Talk

Advanced search

Sports gear for pregnant women?

(3 Posts)
carlablack Thu 06-Aug-20 18:37:30

Is it just me or is there not a lot of sport wear options for pregnant women? There are options for plus size but not for a protruding belly.

I mean, we can go a couple sizes up for a sports bra but leggings need a loose area around the waist for comfort.

What do you wear during workouts? I'm embarrassed to admit having to work out in my underwear sad

OP’s posts: |
Trufflepuffpuff Thu 06-Aug-20 18:49:13

I've found this too! I wanted to buy some running leggings and tops but everything was loose - I guess aimed at yoga rather than higher-impact sports. I ended up buying some sports leggings from H&M's maternity section. They're not bad - a bit shiny and no drawstrings so I was worried they'd slip down but they seem to be ok. Also no back pocket like some running leggings have, but they were the best I could find. I ended up just buying larger running tops rather than maternity ones. I'm just over six months with a bump but it's not huge, but I'm not sure how long I plan to carry on running anyway.

Hollywhiskey Thu 06-Aug-20 18:50:24

Look at fitta mama, I ran a marathon in that kit at 22 weeks last year. It's very expensive but comes up second hand on eBay or Facebook marketplace.
Lucy locket loves trialed some maternity leggings, I'm not sure if she went on to develop them.
I also found silky running shorts a size up worn under the bump with a bump band worked quite well.
You can get decent sports bras from bravissimo. If you want a nursing one later on look at cake zest, you can buy from figleaves or booby doo.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in