Talk

Advanced search

BFPs at 40+ 😊😝

(9 Posts)
Bouncytree Tue 04-Aug-20 07:43:49

Hi everyone,

There is another 40+ thread but they are quite far along, so I thought I’d make one for any of us who have recent BFPs.

I am 41 and just got my BFP after 4 cycles TTC. Feeling positive about pregnancy despite the you are older/‘geriatric’ 😤 pressure!

Would love some other mamas to share the journey and support each other through the highs and the bumps in the road!

Hope on if you’d like to join!

OP’s posts: |
motleymop Wed 05-Aug-20 12:34:57

Hello Bouncytree. I just found you, having only just done a test this morning and been madly searching the Internet for terrifying statistics ever since. I'm meant to be working, not doing pregnancy tests and buggering about on the Internet!!

I'm 42.

Bouncytree Wed 05-Aug-20 15:09:50

Congratulations!

Ha ha lol! Yes I was the same the day I found out! Couldn’t concentrate On anything. 😝 enjoy, it’s kinda part of the buzz in a way isn’t it!

While your at it read this, it’s an article from the British pregnancy association and it puts things straight on attitudes and stats on ‘older’ 😤 women Having babies.

www.bpas.org/get-involved/campaigns/briefings/older-mothers/

It helped me a lot to just try to enjoy my pregnancy

OP’s posts: |
motleymop Wed 05-Aug-20 15:37:13

Thank you!! It feels so strange to hear congratulations as it's all such a shock - we weren't trying!

Congratulations to you too!!

I shall read your article. I have skimmed it already but of course wasn't really able to concentrate properly!

So lovely to hear your positivity smile

Suz79 Wed 05-Aug-20 15:47:30

Yes BFP here...I'm 41 but the fetal heart rate is only 75bpm so not looking good : ( Devastated

motleymop Wed 05-Aug-20 16:09:55

Suz - I don't know anything about fetal heart rates but I am sorry to hear you are sad flowers

Cmini Wed 05-Aug-20 21:45:50

I'll join you. 41 with a very unexpected bfp yesterday. @motleymop we weren't trying either-I thought I was peri menopausal! Still in shock. Have 2 DC, 7 and 4. According to my dates I'm 5 weeks today but suspect I ovulated earlier than usual.

I'm avoiding stats and taking each day as it comes for now.

Suz I'm so sorry thanks

BuffaloMozzerella Wed 05-Aug-20 21:50:15

I'm 40. I am 10 weeks with my second baby and have a 14 month DD.

Congratulations on everyone with their BFP ☺️

TheFoz Wed 05-Aug-20 22:01:34

41 over here, will be 42 at due date.

Have two older dc, 12 and 18. Partner has two also, 10 and 12. This is our first together after three losses. I’m 8+5 ❤️

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in