Talk

Advanced search

Baby essentials?!

(7 Posts)
StaceImpactWfan Mon 03-Aug-20 18:44:38

Hi all, I'm 16+2 weeks pregnant with my third, I live in a small 2 bed house at the min (hoping to move within the next year)

There's literally no room for alot of stuff... And with my other 2 I went over board with buying things and hardly or never using some of it.

With the limited space what essentials would you say I need?

Thank you.

OP’s posts: |
carleyemma91 Mon 03-Aug-20 20:35:10

If you're planning on breastfeeding then a Tommee Tippee perfect prep machine is a must. Having a bottle prepared in under 2 minutes for a screaming baby is a God send. Also a bedside crib such as a Next2Me which you'd get more use out of than a moses basket or the likes.

carleyemma91 Mon 03-Aug-20 20:35:29

Sorry - bottle feeding*

StaceImpactWfan Mon 03-Aug-20 22:05:59

@carleyemma91 thank you, I was thinking a prep machine as I didn't have one with my other 2 and waiting for the bottle to cool was a nightmare, I didn't think of a next 2 me thank you.

mistletoeprickles Tue 04-Aug-20 12:21:53

Sounds like your in a very similar position to me, we'll have 5 in a a 2 bed shortly too!

I've spent hours cleaning and sorting and throwing things out. Just generally organising has really helped. We've invested in under bed storage and storage draws too.

This time we have a next to me so we hopefully won't need a cot so quickly. Then a bouncer and usual things like sterliser and clothes.

Bobbiepin Tue 04-Aug-20 12:33:27

MAM bottles can be sterilized in the microwave so no need for a big bulky steriliser taking up space.

StaceImpactWfan Tue 04-Aug-20 12:50:31

@mistletoeprickles yeah, I'm going to start organising soon, my 5&4 year old boys are currently in the smaller room with bunk beds (no room for another bed let alone a cot) and my room there's no room for a cot yet either til I get rid of some furniture (which I don't want to haha as I need my makeup drawers and desk) so thinking a next to me crib will be better than a moses basket, also getting a bouncer chair for down stairs then all the necessary things like bottles clothes etc.

@Bobbiepin that's what I was planning on getting, used them with my second and loved them, was so glad I didn't need a bulky steriliser taking up more room I don't have haha.

Thanks both.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in