Talk

Advanced search

anyone else think 9 months is soooo long?

(33 Posts)
tyaca Mon 01-Oct-07 22:15:02

i mean, really long

i am so impatient for my new life to begin.

i KNOW all you old timers will tell me to enjoy my last few months of freedom, but right now all i want to do is meet the LO

and 9 months is a very long time, when you think about it.

hunkermunker Mon 01-Oct-07 22:16:20

At the risk of incurring your wrath...enjoy this bit!

You'll meet them soon enough, honest!

Screaminglips Mon 01-Oct-07 22:16:39

i found the LAST 2 months reaallllllllllyyyyyyy dragged on!!!...(had baby @ 42 weeks!!)

How far are you? and congrats btw

jodie84 Mon 01-Oct-07 22:17:46

Yes! My nine months is just over, and I was so fed up for the last three months. I only enjoy the middle three months tbh.

spookykitty Mon 01-Oct-07 22:18:26

aww bless you, once the LO is here 9 months will fly past the old wives tale is true, sometimes I think "who does that 3yo and 20mo belong to, oh me"

pregnancy does suck I agree just as well you get something good at the end

(PS hello hunker x)

fingerwoman Mon 01-Oct-07 22:20:18

yes, it really really is a stupidly long time. I have 3 weeks to go and it seems like the longest 3 weeks of my life so far

tyaca Mon 01-Oct-07 22:25:45

i am nowhere near grin

19 wks tomo.

right now pg'cy doesn't even suck (nap followed by kip follows by early night, how good's that?)

i just want the baby

we weren't even trying really to get pg, tho' it was on this year's to do list smile now i wish we'd started earlier.

and only 20% of my impatience is related to giving up work ....

(yes yes, i KNOW babies are quite tiring too... )

diddle Mon 01-Oct-07 22:51:41

yep it is a REALLY long time!!!!
i'm 40+3 and can't wait to meet my new bundle of joy.

its gone fast though for me, and i know once the baby is here i will miss feeling it kicking away inside me, knowing that its safe and can't get upto any mischief.

Flibbertyjibbet Mon 01-Oct-07 23:04:12

Yes very very long. But for some reason only when its your own.
Everyone else seems to have very short pregnancies!

chipmonkey Mon 01-Oct-07 23:22:29

hunker, can't enjoy this particular bit!sad Vomiting no fun! ( 9 weeks)

hunkermunker Tue 02-Oct-07 00:14:38

Chipmonkey!!!! Congratulations! I had no idea! Hope the vommy bit's over REALLY soon! Oh, how lovely! grin

chipmonkey Tue 02-Oct-07 00:47:23

Yes, I've been hanging out with Peachy and co on the April thread! Really looking forward to this baby but I Don't Do Pregnancy very well. Should really be on the May thread but will have to have a CS at 39 weeks so ending up in April.

hunkermunker Tue 02-Oct-07 00:48:47

Aw, DS1's an April baby - lovely month to have one, imo. You're toasty warm through winter and have a baby in the spring, like a little lamb!

chipmonkey Tue 02-Oct-07 00:51:43

Well, if I can have one like your ds1, I'll be lucky!smile

hunkermunker Tue 02-Oct-07 01:07:46

Awwwwwwww! grin

spugs Tue 02-Oct-07 09:52:44

im only 15 weeks so dont even have a bump or any wiggles to show for my baby growing efforts. however they are much less bother in then out grin

LucyK1978 Tue 02-Oct-07 10:50:02

I am 34 weeks and can't believe how QUICKLY it has gone - LO will be here in about 6 weeks!!!! Yikes!!! grin

bumptobaby Tue 02-Oct-07 11:04:52

I'm 38 wks and 3 days and up until i finished work two weeks ago my pregnancy had went past quite quickly.

I'm now desperate to give birth. I'm really uncomfy and hardly sleep ( i know this is unlikely to change lol) and i really want to meet my baby.

I know that lots of people say enjoy this time before baby arrives but i have and i'm now ready!!!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed I go soon!!

Wizzska Tue 02-Oct-07 12:26:54

It's a really looong 7 weeks until my maternity leave. I'm so tired and achey I can't wait to have time off to rest.

muppetgirl Tue 02-Oct-07 12:33:53

I am 35 weeks and cannot wait to get it all over with.

I am HUGE, thirsty all the time, weeing all the time, aching all the time and are sooooooooo tired ALL THE TIME!!!!

I have a 3.6 year old to run around after who is peed off I can't do the things I used to to and I am really missing him (Football, bike rides, swimming etc) even having a cuddle can be difficult with ds as I have no lap now.....

didsnbump Tue 02-Oct-07 12:44:24

Hi everyone, i sooooooo know how u feel! Upto about 23 wks went really quick, but now at only 25 wks its started to go soooooo slow.

I think its down to getting more and more exited about meeting lo.

In the beginning u have ur growing bump and kicks and stuff to look forward to experiencing. Now all thats happening, u just wanna meet it!!!!!

PregnantGrrrl Tue 02-Oct-07 13:24:20

i've had enough aswell. 37+4 weeks now...no more pregnancies after this one, this is it!

I'm tired, my back hurts and i look like someone has hacked at my bump (stretchmarks)

I want the fricking child!

RGPargy Tue 02-Oct-07 13:42:05

I'm sorry to appear smug but so far my pg has absolutely WHIZZED by!! I cant believe i'm 32 weeks already!! The only bit of my pg that's dragging is the run up to leaving work (week after next!). Other than that, it's positively flown by! I think that once i give up work tho, it'll probably just drag. hmm

primigravida Tue 02-Oct-07 14:01:15

I'm 38 weeks pregnant this weeks and I'm so ready to have my baby. The last nine months have been very long. I'm so looking forward to finally holding my baby in my arms.

chipmonkey Tue 02-Oct-07 23:09:59

Have to say, thinking about this thread, 9 months is long but when I had ds3 at 7 months I would have given everything to have that nice extra 2 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now