Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When did your baby's movements go from 'fizzing bubbles' to noticeable kicks?

(34 Posts)
BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 18:25:34

And did it take you a while to work out that was what had happened?

I'm 21+6 and haven't felt much movement in the last two days. I've had the fizzing since 19 weeks, and what might have been kicks as well for the last three days (but tbh they might have been wind, I don't have any previous experience). Should I be worried? (I can worry for England, I'm excdellent at it).

Or is the baby just very sleepy?

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 18:31:13

And would the fact that I have a nasty cold have anything to do with it?

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 18:41:46

bump

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 18:57:52

I'd love it if someone wrote 'there there that's perfectly normal, please don't worry'

[hopeful emoticon]

sabinar Mon 01-Oct-07 19:00:10

lol. I'm about 25wks now and have been getting solid kicks only for a few weeks. DH only just felt a kick for the first time the other day.

Enjoy the fizzing, you'll look back on it fondly when you start getting thumped, and feet in the ribs, and all that fun stuff ;)

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:12:53

thank you so much for replying!

I'm not getting the fizzing either, though

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:26:05

bumpety bump

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:37:41

I'm not feeling anything, haven't all day unless it wasn't wind, am stressing!

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:46:11

please please please answer me someone? Even if it is just 'I haven't got a clue what to say'

pepperpots Mon 01-Oct-07 19:48:27

Hi Bella

with my first i had movements every day from 20 weeks +, with my 2nd they were noticeable from earlier but sometimes i would go a day or two and feel nothing. I think it has something to do with the babys position. have you tried the usual? Drinking iced water while lying down? I think if you are starting to worry you need to call your midwife or labour unit

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:49:42

really? A day or two? That makes me feel better, thanks.

Will try cold water, hadn't heard of that.

Many thanks for replying

Peachy Mon 01-Oct-07 19:51:29

The other suggestion I haev heard is milkm( so baby can get an energy rush), raisins would work too i thnk for the sugar rush.

cetrtainly call MW if you don't feel movememts soon, never worth stressing over when its so easy to check out and be reassured.

chunkypudding Mon 01-Oct-07 19:51:29

hey Bella, really don't let yourself get wound up, sometimes if you're busy you can miss the more subtle movements - most of us hae had panics before so you're not alone smile

I would give your midwife or GP a call tomorrow, they can check the heartbeat easily, which will reassure you, and if there's anything that needs checking then they'll make sure you get a scan straight away xx

chunkypudding Mon 01-Oct-07 19:52:17

am just gonna eat my dinner, will check on your stress levels shortly hon

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:54:14

thanks, have eaten dinner half an hour ago.

So I think that I should see how I am maybe by lunch tomorrow and then call someone if I need to?

I really appreciate your replies

ChocolateHobnob Mon 01-Oct-07 19:55:15

Hi Bella

My lo did that silent scary thing a bit too at the stage you're at - sometimes I went days. Mainly I think because I was busy and the movements were light and I missed them. I recommend eating a bunch of cold grapes and then lying on your side... Good luck!

scorpio1 Mon 01-Oct-07 19:55:51

Hi Bella

Don't stress! The baby may be kicking to the back, doing it when you're too busy to notice or when you are in an awkward posistion.

Try ice cold drinks or fizzy ones.

And i remember the first time i had fizzing from 17 weeks but not proper full on kickc until about 23 weeks-there is plenty of time for being kicked black and blue!

Glad you are well apart from that though?

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:56:03

thanks, everyone am really appreciating all your advice

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 19:57:46

hi scorpio, thanks, how are you? It's not that I am desperate for kicks, it's not feeling anything! But I find that lots of people saying 'don;t worry that happened to me' calms me down a lot ... I am very suggestible like that!

scorpio1 Mon 01-Oct-07 19:59:31

Oh, me too! i too worry desperately at the stupidest thing! Don't worry.

I'm well thanks, 12+3 today grin Had a scan last week and baby fine, so very happy at that Can't believe how far you are now!

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 01-Oct-07 20:19:25

Hi Bella....sorry you are feeling worried.

A few questions;

Is this the furthest you've been with a pregnancy, or do you have other DCs?....I can't remember. I'm asking cos with my DS I didn't feel any first flutterings until around 19 weeks and first proper kicks about 22-23 weeks. It depends on your physique to some extent too. If you're well toned you tend not to notice them as much.

When was your last AN appointment, and did the MW listen for bubs HB?

Have you had your 20wk scan?....where was the placenta? If it is to the front of your uterus rather than at the top, then it cushions any movements.

I also second about baby kicking towards the back. Babyboo seemed to stop for a few days and MW explained that as they still have lots of room to float around at this stage, then often you can't feel anyhitng unless they are directly kicking to the front.

If I were you I would call your community MWs tonight and explain the situation to them. I'm sure they will be able to reassure you. Try not to worry too much though smile

BellaBear Mon 01-Oct-07 20:22:52

daisy -

first baby (had very early mc beg of this year)

had 21 week scan last tuesday, all looked good

placenta at the front

kicking to the back is an explanation that calms me down! (thanks to other poster whp mentioned it as well)

do you think mw would say anything different than what is on this thread? Because I thought that if something had gone wrong (touch wood touch wood) there's nothing anyone could do about it anyway? And I have been much calmed down my all the lovely mners!

chunkypudding Mon 01-Oct-07 20:40:02

the thing m wife could do that we can't is check heartbeat to reassure you, so if that would help its worth doing.

I had a freak out with mine a couple of weeks ago (am now 26+ umm...4...)

Was sailing in Greece with my dp, so in the middle of nowhere on a boat, and had no noticeable movement for ages..

My solution was a massive ice cream binge grin followed by a lie down and lots of poking in the tummy from my dphmm, this combination worked a treat! Also was worried I was a bit dehydrated so drank tons of water...

chunkypudding Mon 01-Oct-07 20:41:48

really do think that sometimes they are sneaky with the movements and get them in when you're focussed on something else...

daisyandbabybootoo Mon 01-Oct-07 20:50:39

the placenta at the front would make me think that that is cushioning things a bit.

Your midwife would probably say much the same thing I think. Perhaps you can call them in the morning and let them know you are worried.

Sorry I didn't respond straight away.....crying baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now