Talk

Advanced search

Overheating at 4 weeks

(3 Posts)
zeromango Fri 31-Jul-20 15:13:34

Sorry I know I must sound so paranoid but we were stuck in a traffic jam earlier for over an hour with poor air con and no water to hand. It was absolutely boiling (it's 33 degrees today).

Luckily we passed a service station shortly after and I bought some water and feeling loads better but now I'm really panicking I've done some damage! I keep reading getting overheated for just 10 mins can cause birth defects so now I'm just really anxious sad Can anyone talk me down?! Thank you

OP’s posts: |
NishaaS123 Fri 31-Jul-20 15:23:36

don't worry about it love people in hotter countries where its 40 degrees plus sometimes don't have access to fans because of no electricity etc it was only 10 mins I am sure everything will be okay and you have cooled yourself dont now try not to o
Worry just stay hydrated xx

Sairafina Fri 31-Jul-20 15:23:49

Try not to worry! I live in a country where the temperature regularly exceeds 40C and having a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

Activities like saunas/steam rooms/jacuzzis etc could cause damage through overheating as your internal body temperature increases.

Just make sure you always have water to hand from now on, and maybe a portable battery powered fan for emergencies!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in