Talk

Advanced search

Severe back pain

(9 Posts)
16more Thu 30-Jul-20 21:03:42

I’m only 26 weeks with baby number 3 but the back pain is almost unbearable. I thought it was bad with no. 2 but this is something else. Every step feels like my back is going to break. I’ve just done some exercises which usually help my sciatica but it actually feels even worse now. Don’t know how I’m going to get through the next 14 weeks if I’m already struggling so much!! Any tips please. Trying not to over do it but with 2 kids that’s easier said than done.

OP’s posts: |
MrsK89 Fri 31-Jul-20 16:58:58

Hi
If the pain isn't going with regular paracetamol I would call your midwife department in your hospital, or your own midwife if you have a personal number.
Hopefully you will feel better soon x

Alonelonelyloner Sat 01-Aug-20 17:07:21

Is it a rib flare?

https://gpnotebook.com/simplepage.cfm?ID=x20140521141437216972

I had this with my last two babies and it was absolutely awful back pain (in my case on the left), even writing about it now makes my body remember the pain.

The only thing I could do was use a hot water bottle on it, almost constantly, for months. The doctor and physio were no help at all. Made my sciatic pain seem like a holiday.
I'm sorry OP, if indeed that it what it is.

MJS2020 Sat 01-Aug-20 17:14:53

I'm 26 weeks with my 3rd too and can relate to the back pain sad Hope you feel better soon x

Lilice Sat 01-Aug-20 17:15:03

@16more have you checked online to see if you could self refer to see an nhs physio? Im in essex and managed to do it online. I haven't been seen yet but I've had a telephone appointment and will be seen in a week or two. In the meantime, I've been to my osteopath who kinda put things back into place.

Katnissx Sat 01-Aug-20 17:48:46

Has the back pain being going on through your pregnancy or has it come on more recently? If it's the latter it would definitely be worth mentioning to your midwife, severe back pain (with or without bleeding) can be a sign of placental abruption. I think it is fairly rare though, and probably is more likely you are suffering from general back pain in pregnancy, I just thought I would mention it just in case and as you said it is severe. Hope you feel better soon xx

16more Sat 01-Aug-20 17:58:46

@Lilice I will have a look at that thank you. @Katnissx I’ve always got sciatica but I don’t this this is that as it’s not shooting so I would say this has come on in the last week. I have a scan tomorrow through window to the womb so I’m guessing if that’s happened they’ll pick it up? @MJS2020 thank you, hope you do too @Alonelonelyloner I’ll have a look at that. Thanks everyone xx

Katnissx Sun 02-Aug-20 19:51:48

@16more yes I'm sure it would be picked up with a scan (I think that's how it is usually diagnosed). Hope your scan was okay today xx

16more Sun 02-Aug-20 20:41:33

It was all good thank you no problems just little legs at the moment smile xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in