Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feeling sick at night when I go to bed

(10 Posts)
Tigger13 Mon 01-Oct-07 10:41:09

HI all

I am just venturing on to this board after sort of leaving the conception one!. I am about 4/5 weeks pregnant and this is the 3rd one, with DS1 I use to feel sick during the day but this went when I ate and was only physically sick once, with DS2 nothing didn't feel pregnant til at least 16weeks!. But this time everytime I go to bed I feel really really sick, and can't sleep because of this.sadI do get bouts of sickness during the day but nothing nearly as bad as at night.

Has anyone else had this and if so any tips to help it?, I have a four year old and a 22month old so feeling very tired already!

Also did anyone feel sicker with a particular sex baby, just curious hmm

Thanks very much

ManchesterMummy2b Mon 01-Oct-07 11:00:02

I sympathise - I got most of my morning sickness after lunch! Tiredness and hunger were (and indeed at 39 weeks still are!) triggers for me, so if you can, try not to get overtired - guess that's easier said than done with your other children though - and have something to eat an hour or so before bed. Something light like a small bowl of cereal usually sorts me out. I also always have a glass of cold water by my bed and a bottle of antacid tablets. Sometimes these help the nausea. Worth checking with your GP/midwife if there's anything you could take.

Hope you feel better soon!

Tigger13 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:04:03

Thank you, was thinking about trying cereal will have a go tonight.

May try getting to bed before it starts.

Good luck with your baby and hope you get lots of rest in before he/she arrives.

goingfor3 Mon 01-Oct-07 11:06:20

I get evening sickness too which suits me fine as I'm far too busy for it during the day. I do go to sleep easily though as I'm exhausted. I agree with ManchesterMummy2b some cereal may help.
I have been pregnant with 2 girls and two boys and all of the pregnancies have been different.

ManchesterMummy2b Mon 01-Oct-07 11:08:43

goingfor3 - never considered that the advantage of getting morning sickness in the evening was that you might be too busy during the day. I certainly was (not now I'm on maternity leave!), and feel strangly empowered now! Thanks!

meemar Mon 01-Oct-07 11:09:19

Hi Tigger - I had much worse sickness with no. 2 and both are boys!

Have you tried the travel sickness wristbands? You can get them in Boots, and can wear them all the time. They were the only thing that helped me.

Congrats and good luck with sickness x

teenyweeny Mon 01-Oct-07 11:35:47

I felt yuck in the evenings too, I did find that hunger made me feel worse, so DH would make me toast and I would hop into bed and eat it, it seemed to work for me....good luck

violeta Mon 01-Oct-07 11:56:01

I got it much worse in the evenings as well, and like you found that if I went to bed with an empty stomach it kept me awake, which was horrible.

Perhaps try eating later in the evening so you have a full stomach by the time you go to bed? Or snack on whatever you fancy - maybe rich tea biscuits, a banana or something like that? Oh, and another tip which may be a bit gross - if you throw up what you eat, come back and try a second helping afterwards!

snowleopard Mon 01-Oct-07 12:07:56

I had this and I'm afraid the only thing that worked for me was eating somewhat unhealthy jaffa cakes - I had packets of them by the bed. (That might have explained the enooooorrmous bump.) But experiment with toast, crackers and other snacks at bedtime and you might find somethng that helps.

slim22 Mon 01-Oct-07 12:20:59

Same here, get nauseous afternoon/end of day. Fatigue is the main trigger as I get dizzy.

they say protein rich diet helps.
I go for glass of milk and wholewheat crackers/bread/cereal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now