Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 10 weeks

(8 Posts)
bluebell19 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:54:29

Hi everyone, I'm 10 weeks pregnant and had some brown spotting 4 days ago which turned pink. Today it's more like bleeding, kind of like the start of my period but still not that heavy. I'm expecting the worst and waiting for the EPU to get back to me but wondered if anyone has had anything similar and what the outcome was? I'm also having some light cramping and back pain.

OP’s posts: |
willowandsage Tue 28-Jul-20 18:03:49

I had spotting the entire way through my first pregnancy - it was caused by cervical erosion. However, I didn't have any cramps//pain with it.

Fingers crossed everything's okay for you xx

bluebell19 Tue 28-Jul-20 20:38:11

Thanks for replying Willow. It's getting steadily worse so not got much hope now unfortunately

Zara1234uk Tue 28-Jul-20 20:44:06

Hello, I just wanted to let you know I had a massive bright red bleed in my prev pregnancy at 11+2 tmi but it was clots and eveythubg very heavy gushing. Turned out I had a cervical Erosion but also had a sub chronic haemorrhage inside my womb too, it all turned out fine but I bled on and off throughout. Had bleeding again this time and midwife says blood by it’s very nature is an irritant so could explain the cramps I’ve had. Fingers crossed for you x

bluebell19 Tue 28-Jul-20 21:47:52

Thanks Zara, that's really helpful. I'm preparing myself for the worst but hoping for the best. Glad to hear it worked out for you. Hopefully I can get a scan soon to know more, the not knowing is really tough.

Zara1234uk Tue 28-Jul-20 23:22:12

@bluebell19 hopefully they will call you tomorrow and bring you in. I really hope it works out ok for you. Some people do bleed lots and have positive outcomes so just hang in there and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you

bluebell19 Wed 29-Jul-20 18:48:02

Just to update in case anyone else finds it helpful. Unfortunately scan today has shown that my pregnancy is in an unknown location so not viable. They suspect possibly ectopic but I haven't had any of the symptoms. It's a bit baffling at the moment so might need further scans after bloods.

Zara1234uk Wed 29-Jul-20 19:29:44

@bluebell19 I’m so sorry to hear that, I hope you are doing ok and you get some more answers soon x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in