Talk

Advanced search

Low PAPP-A score - looking for advice!

(3 Posts)
lydiangel83 Mon 27-Jul-20 16:31:27

Hi I'm 14+1 with second baby and just found out my PAPP-A score is 0.31. The cut off for normal is 0.44 and so I am worried about what outcomes could be. Consultant I spoke to via phone today was very dismissive and said we wouldn't know whether baby's growth was impacted until 28 wks onwards!

Just looking for advice / experience of this scenario please!

I either didn't have this fear with DD1 2.5 years ago or my result was normal, so all new to me!

Thanks in advance smile

OP’s posts: |
TenThousandSpoons0 Mon 27-Jul-20 19:34:13

0.31 is just below 5th centile - increased chance of complications but not as significant as if it was below 0.2. Have they suggested a type of doppler blood flow measurement at your 20 week scan? It’s called uterine artery dopplers and can give better guidance on level of risk. However the consultant is right in a way - you won’t know for sure until past 28 weeks and only time will tell if a growth concern develops. It’s still more likely that everything will be fine and baby will just be monitored with growth scans.

FudgeFlies Tue 28-Jul-20 08:24:16

Hi my Papp-a was 0.33 (I think), was told I’d need 3 extra growth scans but these were all cancelled apart from one (which I’ll have in September) due to covid. I was prescribed 75mg of aspirin to help blood flow from placenta to baby. I was initially told I could be at risk and am consultant led (although I won’t see one until sept) but then was later told that the threshold to class a Papp-a as “higher risk” had been recently lowered to 0.2 or something and that I shouldn’t worry. I do still worry though and am hoping that when the midwife measures my bump at 28 weeks (two weeks) that I’ll have more info/reassurance.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in