Talk

Advanced search

Baby girl name

(10 Posts)
Cherryrainbow Fri 24-Jul-20 12:22:11

2 months to go and still no closer to a final decision lol. OH would like Arwen and I like it too. My mum hates it lol. I imagine we will wait until we see her to decide.

3 runners atm are:

Arwen Isabelle
Isabelle arwen
Emilia Isabelle

Wdyt? I don't like overly popular or common names so that's played on my mind a bit x

OP’s posts: |
Cherryrainbow Fri 24-Jul-20 12:24:01

Amelia Isabelle* not emilia spelling sorry x

OP’s posts: |
LBB2020 Fri 24-Jul-20 12:36:17

All lovely! It doesn’t matter if your mum likes the name or not! (that’s exactly the reason we’ve not told anyone the names were thinking of, I don’t want their opinions!). Regarding popularity I wouldn’t worry as long as you love the name smile you can’t know if a name that isn’t popular at the moment might become popular over the next few months or year x

bee222 Fri 24-Jul-20 13:26:19

If you and your partner like the name then go for it! It’s a lovely name. Arwen Isabelle sounds really pretty without being too popular.

IndiaMay Fri 24-Jul-20 13:52:38

Arwen Isabelle sounds nice. Amelia and Isabelle are so popular for first names, they'd be one in a sea of Amelia's and Isabelles. Arwen is unusual and pretty

GoshHashana Fri 24-Jul-20 15:33:00

Your mum has had her chance to name a daughter. Now it's your turn. Arwen is gorgeous.

Squishy88 Fri 24-Jul-20 15:47:58

Arwen Isabelle is a beautiful name. The choice is yours at the end of the day. I had a couple of names I really loved and when I told my parents they took the p##s out of all of them. I think it's mainly because my parent's are quite old, so when they think of names they think of somewhat normal and common names, so when they hear unique/different names they're quite taken aback by them. They will eventually get used to the name and end up loving it. So I wouldn't worry about it. Just go with what your heart wants ♥ good luck xxx

Spied Fri 24-Jul-20 15:52:15

You don't want popular/common so I'd get rid of Amelia straight away.
Isabelle is also quite popular.

Of the 3
Arwen Isabelle

Bettie2192 Fri 24-Jul-20 21:25:21

I think Arwen Isabelle or Isabelle Arwen are both beautiful names, choose the one you love best and never mind anyone else smile
This is why I don’t tell anyone about names I like, I don’t care for other people’s opinions 😂

Fleamaker123 Fri 24-Jul-20 21:34:57

Beautiful names, I love them all.
Don't be put off by other people's opinions, your baby = your choice.
Just announce the name when she's born and then people won't think it's up for discussion!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in