Talk

Advanced search

Expecting twins 2021

(6 Posts)
chocohol Wed 22-Jul-20 19:24:59

Had an early scan at 6.3 weeks and was delighted to see a strong heartbeat... then another little bean! We couldn't get a proper look due to the shape of my uterus and it being such early days so I'm booked to go back for follow up scan in two weeks time. The consultant explained that it could be just too early to see properly or it could end up a vanishing twin. For now, I'm trying to not get too excited. Would love to know other twin mums expecting 2021. Did you have an early scan and how did it go? Would love to hear your stories and how you are doing.

OP’s posts: |
BBB18 Wed 22-Jul-20 19:26:31

@chocohol - hey OP congratulations how's exciting! I found out at my 12 week scan I'm expecting twins I'm now 20 weeks with two boys baking away! So exciting & nerve racking at the same time. I hope everything goes well for you! X

Belle1983 Wed 22-Jul-20 19:34:13

Evening @chocohol and @BBB18.
I'm just curious...did you have any inkling you may be carrying twins, or was it purely the scan that alerted you?

I've recently found out a pregnant, and I'm getting a bit worried as I have a bit of a family history of twins, and I know age can increase chances too.

My scan isn't due till 9th Sept, and not speaking to midwife till 12th Aug.
I know I should just be hoping all is healthy, but I don't know how I'd cope with twins in my current situation.

chocohol Wed 22-Jul-20 19:37:35

@BBB18 thank you and congratulations to you too! You were wiser waiting for your 12 week scan. Even if I see twins at my next 8 week one, I know the chances of losing one before 12 weeks are 20-30%. I am so excited and hopeful for one healthy baby. Two would be very special but bearbearhow was your sickness? I've def felt much more ill this time round. Boobs have doubled in size already.

chocohol Wed 22-Jul-20 19:44:41

@Belle1983 congratulations to you too! I got quite a strong positive line 6 days before missed period. And got 3+ on CBD before 5 weeks. Boobs were aching and growing from 3 weeks on. Quite bad round ligament pain still. And weirdly, my RHR went up and up from ovulation and is still rising. I'm more breathless and more ill this time. Finding it hard to get any food I can actually eat. Any recommendations welcome!

Belle1983 Wed 22-Jul-20 19:52:36

Thank you @chocohol.
My CBD test was just 1-2 weeks when I was 1 day late, so hopefully that's just 1 then.

I feel like it's been Russian roulette for my generation.
I am a twin, and my cousin (son of twin as my dad has a younger brother and sister who are twins) are the only 2 left to have children.
My brother and 2 other cousins all had single pregnancies.

I hope your sickness eases up soon.
At just over 5w I'm not experiencing much...yet!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in