Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When to go to the hospital?

(10 Posts)
ale233 Sun 30-Sep-07 07:33:37

Morning, hope everyone feeling ok this morning. I'm 35+6 weeks and since last night have been getting cramps in my tummy, lower back ache and some sharp pains that shoot down and then go. There is no pattern to these so unsure if its the start of labour or not. My dd was born at 34 weeks so I suppose labour could start at any time. I have had steroid injections at 29 weeks and know that at this stage of pregnancy everything should be fine with the baby. What I was wondering was, do I contact the midwife to say how I am feeling or do I wait untill I am sure that contractions are starting before ringing?

StealthPolarBear Sun 30-Sep-07 07:45:30

morning, just bumping
you could def ring the hospital and see what they say
do you have someone ready to look after dd?
good luck

ale233 Sun 30-Sep-07 07:49:14

Morning, yes my mother in law is on standby and my bags packed so just waiting now!

elesbells Sun 30-Sep-07 07:49:31

i would ring the midwife. with your history its best to check.

hope everything goes well, good luck smile

StealthPolarBear Sun 30-Sep-07 08:13:08

How are you doing? Are the pains coming any more frequently?

Mintpurple Sun 30-Sep-07 08:16:22

Hi ale - If the cramps are not regular and not painful (as opposed to uncomfortable) its probably not the real thing. If they become regular, <5 mins apart, they might be doing things.

I would suggest a warm bath, a couple of paracetamol and wait and see what happens.

At 35.6, baby should be fine, but still nice if it waited for a couple of weeks

Good luck

ale233 Sun 30-Sep-07 08:24:27

Hiya, things just the same really, they arent regular and I think once you start thinking about it you feel every twinge! If things do start to get more painful I will call midwife, they arent 5 minutes apart so could just be things getting ready or just a part of late pregnancy (?). I think because dd was 6 weeks early I am expecting it to happen at any time. Thank you for all your advice.

StealthPolarBear Sun 30-Sep-07 08:42:37

Do you have a MW appointment in the week?

ale233 Sun 30-Sep-07 08:58:58

yes, i'm there on Tuesday so unless things change I'll speak to her then.

triciaedinburgh Sun 30-Sep-07 10:13:27

I'm overdue 3 days hmmand have had episodes of that, I actually found Braxtons worse when I've overdone it a bit I'd still contact the midwife its only a phone call its not like you're running to triage panicing or anything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now