Talk

Advanced search

Induction of labour

(5 Posts)
clo1992 Wed 22-Jul-20 08:22:22

Hi ladies

Being induced tomorrow due to repeat RFM. I'll be 38+5.
I'm absolutely terrified 😭
Iv very bad anxiety as it is through this pregnancy.

I'm worried I'm doing the wrong thing. Or things will go wrong.
Are you monitored regularly? I'm worried of just being left 😳

OP’s posts: |
LH1987 Wed 22-Jul-20 10:41:39

Hi @clo1992, I recently had an induction. Once I was on the drip, I was constantly monitored As was the baby. I got excellent care and felt very supported. It was a positive experience.

Good luck!

clo1992 Wed 22-Jul-20 14:12:25

@LH1987 thank you that's good to hear smile

OP’s posts: |
erised24 Wed 22-Jul-20 14:30:13

I was also induced 38+5 last week due to baby being estimated around 9lb. Went in and had an examination, was already 1cm dilated and cervix was in correct place so they didn't give me the pessary, just the gel. After that I waited on the ward for about 12 hours and was moved onto the labour ward where they broke my waters and went into labour and was monitored almost the whole time. After a while they checked me again and had only dilated to 2cm so they put me on the hormone drip and I was constantly hooked up to a monitor, labour fully set in after that and was quite quick. Unfortunately needed an assisted birth with forceps as baby had turned the wrong way and I couldn't push her out myself. All together the process took about 29 hours and labour was about 17 hours.

AJB3001 Wed 22-Jul-20 14:33:43

My induction with my first son was amazing! Had waters broken as I was already slightly dilated and was put on the hormone drip, was constantly monitored and really looked after, I was taken off the drip after an hour because It was over stimulating contractions...I gave birth three hours later...to a back to back baby but I pushed for an hour...i would take that over my second sons natural birth every single day of the week!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in