Talk

Advanced search

Plug pushed out with Braxton Hicks?

(5 Posts)
iLanny Tue 21-Jul-20 20:51:24

So I’m 40+5 today and Braxton Hicks have been increasing, as you would expect. It’s getting to the point now where they’re getting strong and it feels like they’re pushing out a bit of my plug. I think it’s part of my plug mixed with some discharge as it isn’t as thick as when I lost the plug in one go with my DD.

Has anyone else felt anything like this? I could just been imagining it with being so sensitive to any twinge or pain at this late stage. Such an odd feeling though!

OP’s posts: |
Claireyskillz Tue 21-Jul-20 21:17:14

You're probably getting towards labour then 😊

iLanny Tue 21-Jul-20 21:23:52

I really hope so!! I can’t remember having this build up before so would be happy for it to turn out to be the real thing one day very soon - ideally before my induction on Sunday!

Sexnotgender Tue 21-Jul-20 21:52:07

Could you be in a slow early labour?

iLanny Tue 21-Jul-20 22:30:34

Hard to tell. I guess I might be but the midwife tried to give me a sweep twice so far (at 40w then 40+4) but baby was too high so couldn’t. I don’t want to be too optimistic because I had the same pains this time last week and they haven’t turned into anything yet. I do have a lot more blood amongst the mucusy discharge so fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in