Talk

Advanced search

Movement at night

(8 Posts)
Bellsx Tue 21-Jul-20 20:37:16

Hi ladies I was just wondering how many of you actually feel your babies during the night for example when your asleep do you get woken up by them or do you generally feel them for a bit before you go to sleep then that's it until the morning?

OP’s posts: |
crazychemist Tue 21-Jul-20 21:48:18

With current pregnancy, I’m only 20 weeks. But towards the end of previous pregnancy, DD used to wake me up fairly often. I’d sleep through kicks, but the odd somersault at night was pretty uncomfortable!

lockdownpregnancy Tue 21-Jul-20 21:59:56

Currently 30 weeks and my baby doesn't wake me up but when I get up to pee in the night and then get back into bed he starts shuffling again.
He has a proper wriggle before I go to sleep and every time I get up.

mrs87 Tue 21-Jul-20 22:31:21

33+3 here, I don't have any movements waking me up but I do always get some as I'm lying in bed before I fall asleep - and then when I get up in the night for a wee (often!) I usually get a few wiggles when I lie back down. But nothing strong enough to keep me awake!

xxxemzyxxx Tue 21-Jul-20 22:39:37

I’m 29 weeks and my little guy is probably his most active at night. Movements don’t wake me up, but I do feel him wiggling around most of the times I wake up in the night to either go to the loo or having to move myself into a different position.

Prettylittlelady Wed 22-Jul-20 07:56:17

I’m 28 weeks and I do feel little one moving in the night, it doesn’t wake me up but if I’ve woken up to go to the toilet I sometimes feel movements, often if I put my hand on my tummy she moves and it reassures me and then I go back to sleep.

user1493413286 Wed 22-Jul-20 08:00:49

I wasn’t woken up by movements but I’d normally wake up during the night for various reasons and then feel my baby move then

WeeScottishWife Wed 22-Jul-20 10:43:59

38+5. She's never woken me up with her movements, but as others have said, if I wake up in the night for a wee or something, then when I go back to bed I can often feel her moving, and a couple of times she's been wriggling around so much that it's taken me quite a while to get back to sleep!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in