Talk

Advanced search

Is this the start??

(13 Posts)
Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:01:27

Hello ladies,

I'm a first time mum and 38 weeks + 3 days and yesterday around 4pm I started to have a clear out (sorry tmi). I felt awful all day and kept needing to go. Roughly went again about 4 hours later and started with mild cramps and back ache. I managed to go to sleep at about 11pm to wake up badly needing the toilet again at 2am and then again at 6am. I'm feeling the urge to go again now. I've had no show, no tightenings, just dull aches and cramps. Her movements are quite painful and I'm feeling quite sick. I've not changed my diet or eaten anything different.

Is there anything I should be doing?

Thanks again!

OP’s posts: |
Nov19 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:09:03

With my first my labour started out exactly like this, although my waters had broken so I was trickling everywhere. But in terms of the clear out and needing the toilet so much thats exactly how I felt, the tightening came a few hours later. Good luck flowers

Boomclaps Tue 21-Jul-20 09:10:18

I’ve been like this for about two weeks. So maybe/maybe not! Hoping it’s soon for us soon x

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:11:37

Ooo exciting and scary at the same time. Thank you 😊💓

MJS2020 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:12:40

Morning!

This is exactly how my labour started and I was 38 weeks with my first. I had a really bad upset tummy, was sick and contractions started that evening!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:12:50

Boomclaps

I’ve been like this for about two weeks. So maybe/maybe not! Hoping it’s soon for us soon x

oh no, I don't think I can cope for 2 weeks of this haha it's bloody awful. Fingers crossed 🤞 🙏 xxx

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:13:44

MJS2020

Morning!

This is exactly how my labour started and I was 38 weeks with my first. I had a really bad upset tummy, was sick and contractions started that evening!

Good luck and keep us updated!

Good morning! Fingers crossed it is then. I shall do, thank you 😊 🙏 xx

MizMoonshine Tue 21-Jul-20 09:18:18

Definitely had the big clear out last time it started for me.
Good luck OP!

Saoirse22 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:22:12

Good luck OP! This is exactly how my mother described things started for her when she was having me. Albeit in our case it was very premature and she was so young and clueless, she needed ages to realise what's going on shock

I'm 35 weeks now and a bit anxious about recognising the beginning once it happens for me!

Hope everything will be fine for you xx

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:23:47

MizMoonshine

Definitely had the big clear out last time it started for me.
Good luck OP!

Thank you. Xxx

HogDogKetchup Tue 21-Jul-20 09:25:20

My first labour started like this. I had dull cramps and backache for 2-3 days before. I always had the trots in pregnancy!!!

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:27:44

Saoirse22

Good luck OP! This is exactly how my mother described things started for her when she was having me. Albeit in our case it was very premature and she was so young and clueless, she needed ages to realise what's going on shock

I'm 35 weeks now and a bit anxious about recognising the beginning once it happens for me!

Hope everything will be fine for you xx

Thanks hunnie. Yeah I'm pretty clueless myself, don't know anything really and my mum can't really remember what it was like having me. So she was no help either haha. I did a little research but I never really trust google because it always turns out being bad lol.

Not long left for you too. If you feel this way you will remember this post haha. It's amazing how it's so different for everyone. I'm absolutely petrified but excited at the same time.

Good luck to you when you're ready xxx

Squishy88 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:30:04

HogDogKetchup

My first labour started like this. I had dull cramps and backache for 2-3 days before. I always had the trots in pregnancy!!!

I've had the sickness throughout so I kind of got used to that feeling, but the trots I would rather have tooth ache 😫. I'm such a wuss haha. Fingers crossed I only have a day or so left with it. Xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in