Talk

Advanced search

Changing bag contents

(10 Posts)
Stargazer87 Tue 21-Jul-20 08:31:10

First time mum and working on my lists of what I'm going to need...what do you have in your changing bag? X

OP’s posts: |
BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Tue 21-Jul-20 08:34:17

I don't use one anymore, but for a newborn I used to have:-
Spare vest
Spare sleepsuit
5 nappies
Pack of wipes
Few nappy sacks
Space for a bottle
2 muslins
Dummy
Foldable change mat
Antibac gel
Little bag of coins for parking meters
A small toy (age appt)

I always restocked the bag when I got in at a teatime so it was good for the next day.

whoami24601 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:11:45

In mine I always have 3-5 nappies (depending how long we're going out for), wipes, a change of clothes and maybe snacks and a drink. Though through 3 children I have rarely used more than a nappy or two!

ALC1985 Tue 21-Jul-20 09:50:44

I always had calpol and teething medicine (just in case, never had to use it tho!)
I FF after failed attempts at BF so I had bottles, formula, a flask containing hot water and Milton sterile wipes, Oh and lots of bibs too!

Jacky209990 Tue 21-Jul-20 10:19:44

I used to pack more than one set of clothing in the early days. My dd on a few occasions had a poo explosion on two outfits, a third outfit was essential.

Footlooseandfancy Tue 21-Jul-20 10:22:35

Muslins
Vest & sleep suit (2 if out all day)
Dummy
Bottle & ready made formula (depending on how long we were out for)
3-5 nappies
Wipes
Nappy bags
Fold up changing mat
Hand sanitizer
Tissues
Toy/book

I gave up on a handbag to start with so usually had my purse, keys and phone in too.

theruffles Tue 21-Jul-20 10:51:36

For a newborn I had:

Spare outfit (sleepsuit, vest, socks, hat)
2 x muslins
Fold up changing mat
Pouch with Sudocrem, dummy, hand cream, sun tan lotion, moisturiser
Hand sanitiser
Nappies (4)
Wipes
Bottle (made up and in bottle bag) + spare sterilised bottle, formula in dispenser and flask of boiling water if out for a while
Toy/book
Nappy sacks (useful for bringing dirty/wet things home in too)

Stargazer87 Tue 21-Jul-20 11:00:58

@Footlooseandfancy I was thinking of taking ready made formula when we go out - do you need to warm it up or do you just transfer to a bottle and give straight to your baby?

OP’s posts: |
Footlooseandfancy Tue 21-Jul-20 11:07:29

No we just gave straight from the bottle - DD never seemed to mind it (winter baby too so it must have been chilly some days). So convenient.

HarrietM87 Tue 21-Jul-20 11:12:57

Depends a bit on the baby - like if they’re prone to poo explosions or are quite sicky you might need more than 1 change of clothes.

We always had a few Muslins, portable change mat with nappies and wipes (we had the skiphop pronto one which was great), a spare hat (woolly or Sunhat weather dependent!) And spare socks - baby always pulled his off. A couple of books and toys, bottle of water for me. Plastic bags/wet sack for dirty clothes. In very early days a spare top for me in case of baby sick/breast milk leaks (never actually had to use!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in