Talk

Advanced search

Nuna leaf rocker vs Baby Bjorn bouncer

(13 Posts)
Stargazer87 Sun 19-Jul-20 19:32:49

I'm torn between these 2 baby rockers/bouncers, any thoughts/experiences with either appreciated! x

OP’s posts: |
Jumblebumblemess Sun 19-Jul-20 19:40:13

We had the leaf and loved it, but our child was in a harness for hip dysplasia so needed a wide chair and this worked perfectly. It is bulky though and I know the bjorn does fold flat.

We bought our leaf second hand so keep an eye out for them. All the covers can he washed etc....

cookiesaurus Sun 19-Jul-20 19:52:26

We have both- my first born liked the baby bjorn to begin with and then simply would not go in it! We visited friends who had the nuna and it was a hit! Funnily enough, we're preparing for baby #2 and she now likes to sit in the baby bjorn even though she's far too big!

An even bigger hit than both of these was when she was a bit older - a bean bag! Probably about 10-11 months once she started walking - she loves to just drop into it! Although I realise this isn't suitable for a newborn!

PotteringAlong Sun 19-Jul-20 19:53:18

I had the £15 Mothercare basic one. It did all 3 children and you can bounce it with your foot.

Expensive for babies doesn’t always equal better, sometimes it means taking new parents for a ride.

My advice would be to look at the cheaper options and, if you still want to spend masses of money, go for it, but don’t dismiss the cheaper options as not as good.

Stargazer87 Sun 19-Jul-20 20:49:37

I agree that the leaf does look like it takes up a lot more room...it looks like it would be a lot heavier too?

Stargazer87 Sun 19-Jul-20 20:49:46

I agree that the leaf does look like it takes up a lot more room...it looks like it would be a lot heavier too?

Mumoflittles Sun 19-Jul-20 20:58:15

I have the nuna leaf for my DD & its great the only thing I can say bad about it is that it doesnt rock for long enough probably about 2 minutes before you have to give it another push. It also holds a lot of weight! My 5 and 4 year olds also like to sit in it whereas if they did that in another rocker it would probably break.

Trailing1 Sun 19-Jul-20 21:02:27

Nuna leaf is very heavy and doesnt rock very long as someone else has said. So for me it didn't serve much use. (DH had seen it advertised and insisted it was a brilliant buy)

Dyra Sun 19-Jul-20 21:52:27

I love Nuna stuff. But I can honestly say the biggest regret of purchases made for my LO is the Leaf.

It's big, it's heavy, it needs so much floor space, it doesn't rock for long (though you can purchase a motor to make it rock), it doesn't even come with a toy bar. Sure you can use it for the bigger kids, but you still need the floor space for it. DD was ok in it, but she never slept in it. I wish I'd never bothered.

Gerdticker Sun 19-Jul-20 21:52:31

Bear in mind it will be a few weeks till they can go in any kind of rocker as newborns need to lay flat

We got a baby Bjorn with the little spinnt-toy attachment across the front, that was v popular as she got older, around 4 months +

But I loved our fisher price swinging chair - it plays music and electrically swings. Perfect for when you need to wash up, hoover, write an email, answer the door, etc! And the music was just about bearable grin

(We found both of these second hand)

RoseGoldEagle Tue 21-Jul-20 02:21:29

Got a second hand baby Bjorn chair for baby 2 and he loved it. Don’t about the leaf though

LividLaughLovely Tue 21-Jul-20 02:27:37

Our Baby Bjorn has been a great investment already.

We even bought a replacement cover because he likes to poo in it for reasons unknown grin

greenette Sat 25-Jul-20 13:45:55

I've been looking at the baby bjorn bouncer and can't believe the price for such a simple piece of equipment. I am not a stingy person either. There is a knock off for £25 I am considering getting this, looks identical.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in