Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used spritz for bits on c section incision? I am 8 days post c-section xx

(5 Posts)
BabyCJuly Sat 18-Jul-20 21:12:57

Hello there,

I’m in a fair bit of pain with my incision! I was wondering if anyone has used spritz for bits on their incision as soon as 8 days post section?

Thanks so much xx

OP’s posts: |
Rebecca612 Sat 18-Jul-20 21:23:55

Could you call your community midwife and ask for their opinion? I didn’t have any pain in my scar/incision at day 8, and although everyone is different I think the midwives might want to give you the once over to check you’re healing okay etc xx

BabyCJuly Sat 18-Jul-20 21:30:38

@Rebecca612 they removed my strip thing yesterday and said it looked ok but you are right I will keep an eye on it definitely- thank you smilesmile

OP’s posts: |
MrsGrizzlyBear Sat 18-Jul-20 21:33:31

I always dabbed it with cotton balls soaked in diluted pure tea tree oil, worked a treat and healed lovely. I’d definitely speak to your midwife if you’re still in a fair bit of pain though.

PeterPomegranate Sat 18-Jul-20 21:40:21

I didn’t use anything on my incision. Just kept it clean, patted dry. I’d just be concerned about spraying anything on, if it could irritate or introduce infection.

I remember being visibly bruised (particularly after 2nd caesarean) but it all healed ok.

Do call your midwife if you have any worries.

Watch out for redness around the incision and heat.

Hope you’re ok xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in