Talk

Advanced search

Raspberry leaf tea

(6 Posts)
LuchaGarcia Fri 17-Jul-20 16:29:13

Hello

I'm 31 weeks pregnant. Still got a good while to go but I feel like I'm running out of space for this baby!!! Naturally I'm really hoping he comes on time if not a little early hehe smile

Just wondering if anyone was consistent with raspberry leaf tea in their third trimester and if it made any difference to their due date/being overdue?

OP’s posts: |
Timeforabiscuit Fri 17-Jul-20 16:33:35

Nope! Drank it religiously for first and second baby, first was one week early, second was two weeks late.

But, I did find it helpful, I enjoyed the tea, and it was supposed to "ready" the body for labour - it was useful for a bit of a mental preparation or mindfulness exercise.

HerLadySheep Fri 17-Jul-20 16:33:59

Sorry to tell you that I drank gallons of the stuff and had a c-section when I was 15 days overdue. It tastes ok though.

purplejungle Fri 17-Jul-20 16:37:31

I went 2 weeks overdue although did eventually go into labour naturally. Doubt it made much difference but would drink it again in a future pregnancy as it was helpful to feel I was doing something and helped me to mentally prepare. Also ate lots of dates.

ElfCakes Fri 17-Jul-20 17:44:07

I did and baby was 3 days overdue, had a 'textbook' natural birth. But who knows if it was due to the tea or not! I enjoyed it though and felt it wasn't doing any harm so why not give it a go! Anything that might help and all...

FallingIguanas Fri 17-Jul-20 18:05:22

Herbal remedies, such as raspberry leaf tea, contain powerful chemicals like any other drug, so it's definitely not harm free as a PP suggested and is contraindicated for some (eg women who've had a previous section, those medicated for high blood pressure). Taking too much may cause strong contractions, leading to fetal distress, and some studies have shown it can actually prolong pregnancy and labour. I'd have a chat with your midwife or a Herbalist before taking.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in