Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Just found out I am PG with DC2

(16 Posts)
Lazylou Sat 29-Sep-07 00:28:28

I am thrilled but sligthly apprehensive. Had a MC at 7 weeks, three years ago and although I am about 4 weeks now, I am strting to worry about the coming 3 weeks.

Will I be 'looked after' differently now because of this? I mean, will I have to see the midwife sooner rather than later and will I have to have an early scan? Everything went well when I fell pg with DD and then the MC so now I'm worrying, although trying not to!

Tortington Sat 29-Sep-07 00:28:51

i dont know

but congrats

Lazylou Sat 29-Sep-07 00:30:42

thanks grin

MegaVegLech Sat 29-Sep-07 00:31:34

I went through the same. i won't tell you not to worry because you will. Try to get some reassurance with an early scan my local EPAU were brill I got a scan at 7 weeks znd never looked back.

Congratulations on your wonderful news BTW.

jellycat Sat 29-Sep-07 00:35:33

Congratulations. Hope everything goes well for you this time. I had a first trimester m/c with my first pg and as far as I know wasn't treated any differently with subsequent pgs. Certainly wasn't offered early scan or anything. We paid for an early scan at 8.5 weeks with my 3rd pg. It was nice to have a bit of reassurance. Didn't have one for 2nd pg (immediately after the m/c) because I didn't really know you could get one!

I would just go to your doctor to let him/her know you are pg to start the ball rolling as per usual.

My only advice is to take one day at a time.

TnOgu Sat 29-Sep-07 00:49:16

congratulations!

AitchTwoOh Sat 29-Sep-07 00:57:29

congratulations, fingers crossed for you.

Lazylou Sat 29-Sep-07 17:17:43

Thanks everyone. I've been in touch with my GP so am hoping to dicuss all of my worries when I next see him. Thanks again! smile

goingfor3 Sat 29-Sep-07 17:20:18

Congratulations!!!!!! Many people mc and go on to have a normal pregancy but I can understand your worries. Why don't you join the due in june thread, most of us had a mc last time we were pregnant so we can share worries.

missyhols Sat 29-Sep-07 17:21:06

Congrats to you. I'm jealous! And I've only just had dd2 two weeks ago! Take care x

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Sat 29-Sep-07 17:32:32

Congratulations!

A single early m/c won't be a cause for concern from your GP or midwife. So you won't need extra scans or appointments. Phone your GP or midwife next week to make an appointment, they may see you now but may leave it until your 6wks. That should be a comfort, not a worry! grin

I know it's hard but try not to fret. Just keep taking your folic acid and look forward to feeling sick. smile

TheMadHouse Sat 29-Sep-07 17:35:27

Congratualtions and hoping that everything works out fine smile

spugs Sat 29-Sep-07 17:54:25

i didnt get any extra scans or anything even though i had only had one af since my mc.everywhere is different though. im nearly 15 weeks now though so try to relax. theres a really good thread called pregnancy after mc which is very supportive and helpful.
congratulations grin

07mumstheword Sun 30-Sep-07 19:32:59

Lazylou - I know exactly what you mean I'm 4 wk's and starting to worry - but trying to be positive!

I notice you are on the Due June 08 thread and NH101 gives some really re-assuring statistics about MC. When I'm feeling wobbly I re-read it! blush

I don't know if you have one in your area but for your info I phoned BUPA on Friday to find out about private scans and they told me they will do one 6 wks plus which includes heartbeat but they recommend about 8 wks as 6 wks is very early. The cost for this is £99. Probably money that could be spent else where but we are feeling it will be worth it for the re-assurance.

You never know your GP may recommend you if you express your concerns hmm

I'm so pleased to have Mumsnet for talking to people in the same boat as me. Hope the above info is interesting for you. Good Luck. smile

daisyandbabybootoo Sun 30-Sep-07 19:39:15

Congratulations Lazylou.

I got my BFP this time last year and DD was born on 5th June. I had two MCs prior to this so was very worried, but epu were great and i had an early scan at 6.5 weeks which showed a heartbeat. I didn't relax until my 20 week scan though.

There is a fab support thread on here. It got me through some worrying times and its nice talking to women who have been through it all.

Good Luck smile

Bennj Sun 30-Sep-07 20:05:20

Congratulations! Try not to worry - easier said than done. Speak all your worries to the midwife... happy pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now