Talk

Advanced search

97th percentile AC circumferences - no GD?

(4 Posts)
mamma1234 Wed 15-Jul-20 17:41:12

Hi all, I had a scan at 38 weeks which showed a AC circumference on the 97th percentile and other measurements at 75th. I also had polyhydramnios. I had to do blood tests for GD which came back normal - and my baby was born at 39+2 at 8.7 so not huge?

Does anyone have any experiences of this?

I'm feeling really bad as I did eat lots of carbs and chocolate - and feel responsible!

OP’s posts: |
Gigitree Wed 15-Jul-20 17:50:50

Sounds very similar to me! I was tested but didn’t have GD, at a growth scan at 39+2 she was estimated to be 9lbs 9oz. I went into labour that day and she was born at 39+3 at 9lbs 1oz

If your baby was born and is perfectly healthy I’m not sure what there is to feel bad about? I ate lots of carbs in the early days to get me through the morning sickness, but in the later weeks I was craving fresh fruit all the time and lived off salads as well as indulging in fruity ice lollies!

Gigitree Wed 15-Jul-20 17:52:06

Oh and I forgot to say my babies AC was off the charts not 🤷🏼‍♀️

mamma1234 Wed 15-Jul-20 17:55:16

Thanks Gigitree, that's really reassuring to know! I think it's the large tummy measurement and the excess fluid on the scan that are worrying me, as both are indicators of GD. She doesn't seem to have a large tummy though and is in proportion - length, weight and head all 91st percentile - so I guess I should quit worrying! smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in