Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Has anyone had a 3d/4d scan?

(10 Posts)
kikid Fri 28-Sep-07 20:20:04

I'm wondering about having one, they are expensive, are they worth the money?

Any thoughts or experiences appreciated..

DonDons Fri 28-Sep-07 20:24:16

I haven't had one but my BF had one for each of her babies and they were amazing. I'm definately going for one when I get to 28 weeks or so....

geordiemacminx Fri 28-Sep-07 20:29:59

Had one at about 28 weeks - it was expensive, but it was worth every single penny - Think we paid £200, 45 minute dvd and 6 pictures. Got to take my parents and my sister with me as well as dp which was really nice.. Infact once the rugby has finished I might watch ours.. havent seen it since ds was born 21 weeks ago... No time!!

BitTiredNow Fri 28-Sep-07 20:31:37

i had one at 24 weeks, which was a bit early - she looked like a mask, as she was lying the wrong way and so all I saw was the front of her head and then a horrid gaping gap at the back, which was just the imagry, but it was horrid. make sure you get the optimum time to go.

kikid Sat 29-Sep-07 13:17:41

Thanks for your msgs.

I think how fantastic it must be to be able to see yourself before you were even born!

Dawn2820 Sat 29-Sep-07 13:42:20

i had one at 28weeks it was brilliant and i would do it all again

well worth the money

MrsFish Sat 29-Sep-07 17:20:24

I had one at 27 weeks, there are a couple of pictures on my profile if you scroll down a bit. Lo had hand and arm over face a lot of the time, but it was still pretty special to see

Cost me £90 for 45 mins and a cd with pictures on

kikid Wed 03-Oct-07 22:21:06

Thanks for your replies.

mrs fish Yes your scan pics are good, where did you have them done.? I am in yorkshire so don't want to travel miles, but the price you quoted seems very reasonable..

AnnainNZ Thu 04-Oct-07 04:11:53

Mine was only 30 dollars (10 quid), most of it was in 2D but some of it was 3D so got 5 3D pictures and a DVD of the whole scan. Was at 20 wks. SOme of the pictures are on my profile. I think she looks beautiful though other people seem to think she still looks a bit alien-like!

Would def recommend.

AnnainNZ Thu 04-Oct-07 04:13:26

Pictures a bit small on my profile, but you'll get the idea

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now