Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks and feel like I'm fading away

(7 Posts)
onedaysoonish Wed 15-Jul-20 20:17:58

Thank you. I'm actually on extra progesterone which I'm supposed to be taking until 14 weeks. Thinking about it the extreme tiredness only started when I started taking the extra progesterone. That may be part of my problem!

OP’s posts: |
bubblesforlife Wed 15-Jul-20 19:28:50

I had this too. No sickness but chronic tiredness. It’s just awful.
For me on day 8+6 it started to lift. I’m 11 weeks on Friday and I feel great, a functioning person again.
You’re very close to having the placenta take over which will help you feel better, this happens between 8-11 weeks.
Hang in there. It’s normal and better days will soon be here.

RenegadeMrs Wed 15-Jul-20 19:23:43

Also, get yourself tested for anemia. If you are iron deficient it can exacerbate exhaustion and you need additional supplements, pregnacare won't be enough to address it.

Exhaustion is normal though and should pass in a few weeks.

onedaysoonish Wed 15-Jul-20 19:20:16

Thanks both! I take my vitamins religiously. Yes I might just admit defeat and take some time off. Thank you

Driftwood2000 Wed 15-Jul-20 16:17:42

Hi!
I had a bit of this then started taking pregnacare vitamins and felt much better. Don't think I was getting enough of one or maybe more of my vitamins. Might be the same for you?
Hope you feel better soon x

BuffaloCauliflower Wed 15-Jul-20 14:01:53

I had the same, avoided sickness but was bloody exhausted. My best advice would be get signed off for a couple of weeks if you can and just sleep as much as possible. It will likely get better around 10 weeks as the placenta takes over fuelling baby.

onedaysoonish Wed 15-Jul-20 13:59:52

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and exhausted. I had a couple of days off work last week and was in bed for 48 hours. I literally get out of bed and lie down on the living room floor with my laptop (I'm wfh), when I'm upright I get light headed and dizzy and I don't have the energy to stand up straight so I walk bent over to the bathroom or kitchen or wherever. Even when I'm lying down I feel lightheaded like I'm losing consciousness. I know all this is normal and the first trimester is tough but I'm really having trouble doing my job, it's hard to concentrate and focus and I keep falling asleep. I'm eating little and often to try to keep energy levels up with frequent food, but is there anything else you lovely ladies can recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in