Talk

Advanced search

3rd Trimester - Coronavirus

(10 Posts)
Sassy14 Sun 12-Jul-20 19:41:40

Hi everyone!

Are there any mummies to be currently in the third trimester?
I'm currently 35 weeks and just wondering what people in their third trimester are doing in terms of seeing family and the restrictions now being relaxed? I only have 5 weeks to go but also have asthma so I'm so scared to mix in bubbles or go to restaurants yet!

Thanks grin

OP’s posts: |
2020AUG Sun 12-Jul-20 19:52:44

I'm just over 35 weeks and my DH and I are keeping with social distancing, and not changing that dispute the lifting of the restrictions. We saw family yesterday for a bbq in the garden and we both stayed at a 2m distance as we would've done a few weeks ago. We are seeing people but keeping a distance and we arent planning to go to a pub or restaurant. But it's down to personal choice I know women in their third trimester who are. I'm most anxious about my DH getting symptoms and missing the birth so feel more relaxed us continuing this way.

sel2223 Sun 12-Jul-20 19:55:50

Hi OP, I'm 35+3 today and have been temporarily staying with my dad snd sister during lockdown/pregnancy. They are still working and have now started going out more so it hasn't been 'super strict' in our household.

I go out for walks and pop to the shops.....i went to Next the other day (it was very quiet) and I sat outside a cafe for a piece of cake when I was out for my walk yesterday. I do follow social distancing rules and don't go where there are lots of people......and I'm constantly washing or sanitising my hands.

This week I'm at the dentists, GP surgery and hospital.

My thoughts are that this is going to be around for a very long time so I just have to adapt my ways and find a way to live with it.

Monstamio Sun 12-Jul-20 20:40:38

I'm 35 weeks and like 2020AUG, I'm most worried about my husband missing the birth if one of us catches it. My mum is in our bubble and will be looking after our other children when we go in, but she is also in the vulnerable category so we need to factor that in too. So we're sticking with the social distancing for now.

WeeScottishWife Mon 13-Jul-20 10:14:01

I'm 37+4. I'm definitely not comfortable going to eat in a restaurant, but I'm happy going to the supermarket in my mask, and there's a take away cafe near us that I might walk to sometime this week, just to have a destination for a walk - I'm getting a bit fidgety. Two of our friends who we know have been social distancing came round yesterday, and we all felt comfortable enough to hug, but that's very much because we all knew each others' circumstances & that we've been taking care.

I think it's such a very personal thing, with so many factors to think about.

SingingWren Mon 13-Jul-20 10:41:03

I'm due a csection in a week and my hospital requests you self isolate 2 weeks beforehand. I will be tested a few days before for Covid, if positive, my partner won't be allowed at the birth, so not taking any risks.
After birth, we will be shielding baby for a time.

Samk79 Mon 13-Jul-20 10:47:12

I'm almost 31 weeks. We have started seeing family and a couple of
Close friends. I work for the NHS and am currently working from home. I don't feel comfortable going pot to restaurants etc especislly as work are supporting me to work form home x

Superscientist Mon 13-Jul-20 10:58:44

I'm 35 weeks and since March I haven't left the house much at all. Over the last few weekends we have been a bit more relaxed, we went for a picnic and socially distanced walk with close friend we trust the other weekend and we had my parents over for tea and cake this weekend. We are meeting our nct group next weekend and then my partners parents are visiting the week after that.
Then we are going back to being more careful in the weeks before and after the birth. With the lower levels in the community at the moment and still having some time to go (hopefully!) we want to get to see family whilst we can especially with potential localised flare ups and lock downs.
We will be isolating for 7 days after getting home from the hospital and my partners parents will be visiting for the last few days of his parental leave. We need to figure out when my family will be able to visit but that needs less planning as they are local and my partners parents aren't.

LanieM87 Mon 13-Jul-20 11:01:27

I'm 36+1 and have formed a bubble with my parents as soon as I was able too. They both work in care homes, so it is a bit of a risk. They get tested regularly and neither do personal care.

My mum is my birth partner so it's a bit of a gamble. Again, they haven't had any positive cases where she works, so I feel the risk is low.

I've been going out shopping and seeing friends, I keep my distance etc. From what I gather community transmission is low and I feel my risk of catching it is low, I've also been working from home.

At this point I think it's up to the individual to use common sense and do what they feel is right for them.

1990shopefulftm Mon 13-Jul-20 11:03:16

I m 25 weeks so a bit off the 3rd trimester but I m asthmatic too and have decided for now not to see anyone that isn't DH or medical professionals or go to shops, my lungs are worse than the average persons and with baby starting to squash them more it's not a risk worth taking for me. The studies they have on pregnant people in the UK are quite limited but it does seem to agree it's more dangerous in the 3rd trimester with the highest amount of hospital admissions and deaths in that trimester.

I m on mat leave from 28 weeks so shouldnt be back in the office before then.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in