Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else put of hot food?

(7 Posts)
Chrissayeth Sun 12-Jul-20 13:40:34

Im 8 weeks pregnant and really finding dinner times a struggle. All I can manage is cereal in mornings then either pasta salad a sandwich or a baguette I could just live on sandwiches atm. Ham and cheese in particular! I could just eat them all the time haha. Not really a fan of chocolate or cake either which is extremely different for me! Only thing hot I've eaten and finished was a kfc haha!

Does anyone else get this?

OP’s posts: |
HopeWish Sun 12-Jul-20 13:51:10

Yep I have been completely the same since about 6 weeks - I'm 12 weeks now and just starting to eat hot food again.

DH and I had separate meals for a few weeks because I couldn't stand the smell of cooked food but he couldn't just eat cold meals all the time!

Chrissayeth Sun 12-Jul-20 14:47:57

@HopeWish yeah my food aversion started around 6 weeks too they've just got progressively worse, sometimes I go to bed without dinner at all! Yeah DH isn't a fan of bread and cold dinners so I've told him sorry he has to try cooking for himself now. I can tell after all this he's not gonna want me to get pregnant again if it means he has to fend for himself for 6 odd weeks 😂

OP’s posts: |
xxxemzyxxx Sun 12-Jul-20 15:19:28

I was the same in 1st trimester, mostly stick to cold food. Appetite started coming back in 2nd trimester

Riggles78 Sun 12-Jul-20 16:58:58

Exactly the same here! I’m 8 weeks tomorrow and have a real problem with hot food for some reason. I’m really craving raw fruit and veg too which I think is part of it for me!

SingingWren Sun 12-Jul-20 17:18:23

I had nausea and food aversions in the first trimester and went off hot food. Appetite was much better in second trimester and I had hot meals all the time.

38 weeks now and for theblast two weeks I've totally gone off hot meals again hmm

Havlerr Sun 12-Jul-20 18:26:38

Until 13ish weeks when the nausea and vomiting reduced, I ate absolutely nothing but ready salted crisps, plain white bread, apples and oranges. Not a single real meal and definitely no hot food. It was all I could keep down but now at 35 weeks trust me I’ve made up for it throughout the rest of the pregnancy grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in