Talk

Advanced search

Loose stools during second trimester

(6 Posts)
Newmumtobe7654 Tue 07-Jul-20 17:55:56

Hello, I am 23 weeks pregnant and for the past 4 days I have been having loose stools. Some days I will go to the toilet, some days 5. Just before I go to the toilet I have been getting stomach ache. I have also noticed I have minor pain above my bump. Last night I noticed I lay on my right side and noticed I got a pain straight away. Does anyone know what this could be? Or experienced anything similar? I am so worried. I did have a telephone appointment with the doctor today but she said it is most likely a tummy bug and to ring later in the week if it is still there, but I am just so worried.
Thank you for any help.

OP’s posts: |
lockdownpregnancy Tue 07-Jul-20 18:27:50

Hi OP! I had this a few weeks ago (currently 28 weeks) and I couldn't stop going. I spoke to my GP also and they arranged for a sample to be tested (BEYOND traumatic doing that 😂😂😂🤢🤢🤢) and everything was fine so it was most likely a bug or the antibiotics I was on for a UTI. I felt absolutely drained by day 5 and just kept drinking plenty of water, but I wasn't in any pain. Things still aren't quite right now but a lot better than they were. If you're in pain, perhaps call your maternity unit so they can give you a once over and make sure you and baby are ok and if so, just approach your GP again and get them to look into it further for you 💐💐

Bettie2192 Tue 07-Jul-20 18:31:12

I’m in my second trimester and I get a dodgy tummy sometimes. Think it’s all just part of the pregnancy fun. I can’t give you any advice but your symptoms sound similar to mine and I’m not worried.
Maybe try looking at your diet, see if there’s anything you’ve become particularly sensitive to during pregnancy? For example before pregnancy i loved spicy food but now I cant handle it!

Bettie2192 Tue 07-Jul-20 18:33:10

Also some minor pains around your bump are normal, you’re still growing and stretching all the time, baby and womb are putting pressure on different parts of your body so you could find some positions make it worse.

Newmumtobe7654 Tue 07-Jul-20 19:34:34

Thank you so much for your replies and reassurance. After using Google I convinced myself that the baby is in danger. Probably should stay away from Google searches. I guess there are so many changes that happen during pregnancy, but being indoors all the time due to Covid is making me over think everything 🙈

OP’s posts: |
Bettie2192 Tue 07-Jul-20 19:43:13

@Newmumtobe7654 it’s good that you rang your doctor though, never feel like you can’t go to your doc or midwife about anything that worries you. Keep in touch with them if you still don’t feel well.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in