Talk

Advanced search

Third trimester nausea

(5 Posts)
justkeepswimming2 Tue 07-Jul-20 10:19:32

Hi, I'm 33 weeks today and nausea has reared it's ugly head, I feel as bad as I did in the first trimester 🤢 any tips for getting rid? I never had any antisickness meds in the first trimester because I was never actually sick, just raging nausea! And whatever I tried it wouldn't go away, I just had to wallow in bed feeling sorry for myself confused

OP’s posts: |
GoshHashana Tue 07-Jul-20 10:35:08

I'm feeling the same, at 32 weeks. Hoping someone will have some suggestions! Feel so rough.

sel2223 Tue 07-Jul-20 10:41:16

34+5 here and I've been getting waves of nausea for the last few weeks.
On Sunday I projectile vomited without warning across the kitchen!
No real suggestions but just wanted to say you're not alone.

Superscientist Tue 07-Jul-20 10:54:16

Rest when you feel awful then get moving when it starts to subside.
Eat little and often your stomach has a lot less room than in the first trimester.
Try to stay hydrated as best you can, I find it gets worse when I'm dehydrated then I get in a vicious cycle.
Acid reflux & indigestion can add to the nausea if you think this is the case you can try things like gaviscon or rennies, if troublesome ask for omperazole.
I had some anti nausea pills in the first trimester and they have really helped. If you are struggling do speak to your gp/midwife about getting something prescribed. Even though I'm not as bad as the first trimester I am finding it more debilitating.

justkeepswimming2 Tue 07-Jul-20 12:58:11

Thank you, I think I'll speak to my midwife and ask about some anti sickness meds. I've found sipping ice cold lemonade has helped a little, it's definitely harder to deal with this trimester as I'm so uncomfortable now anyway 😬

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in