Talk

Advanced search

Pink mucus in early pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Emmmie Sun 05-Jul-20 23:43:45

I am 6 weeks along and I have been experiencing some lower abdomen /back period like cramps, and have virtually lost most of my pregnancy symptoms overnight. Some cramping today, and now when
I wipe I see pink mucus on the tissue ( sorry about the TMI). No signs of infection what so ever to account for this type of mucus.

Should I be expecting a miscarriage to happen?

Thanks so much!

OP’s posts: |
jdy123 Mon 06-Jul-20 07:19:21

I had pink mucus at around 6 weeks and everything was fine. It's hard to say for sure, but I ended up having a scan and seen the heartbeat.
They couldn't pin point the bleeding so just put it down to implantation.
Hope everything is okay x

bumpyknuckles Mon 06-Jul-20 07:28:01

Go to your GP today.

I had this and everyone kept telling me it was fine. It was actually a missed miscarriage which was found at my 12 week scan. I really regret not going to my GP at the start of it and getting a referral to the EPU.

You might also be able to self-refer to your local hospital's EPU (Early Pregnancy Unit).

Rainbowafterthestorm Mon 06-Jul-20 07:29:29

I’ve had it twice.

The first time started off with pink mucus at 7 weeks and the blood loss got worse and I sadly miscarried.

Then I got pregnant again and I had pink mucus at 8 weeks and I went for a scan and saw a heart beat. I’m not 22 weeks pregnant and he is currently kicking away happily. It turns out that I have a low lieing placenta so that might be the reason I bled. But it could easily have been implantation bleeding.

Ring your midwife/go or pop yourself down to a&e. They should refer you to the epau. On both occasions I was referred there and scanned within hrs.
Fingers crossed for you x

Emmmie Mon 06-Jul-20 07:43:46

Thanks everyone.

The mucus alone is not worrying me as much as the complete loss of pregnancy symptoms. I just feel normal now. A few days ago (prior to cramping) I was tired, warm to touch, nauseous and had zero appetite.
Not anymore 😕

I will call the midwife and ask for a scan. I have a strong suspicion this is a missed miscarriage because I believe that I’ve already had implantation bleeding ( few drops of brown blood) prior to the date my period should have started.

Thanks again for your help!

jdy123 Mon 06-Jul-20 08:01:30

Another thing to mention on the symptoms is I'd say it's really hard to go by them alone. My symptoms came and went I was constantly worried until 12 weeks.
While I can't say everything is okay, loss of symptoms doesn't always mean misscariage.
I'd deffo recommend requesting an early scan xxx

bumpyknuckles Mon 06-Jul-20 12:08:13

I remember telling my midwife, who said it was quite normal and not to worry. I wish I'd insisted on a scan, or gone to see my GP for a second opinion.

I hope all is going ok, OP, and you're going to have a scan ASAP.

Emmmie Fri 10-Jul-20 18:07:32

Just an update! I just had a scan. Baby is measuring 7 weeks (right on the dot), there is a heartbeat and no other issues detected.

Once again, thank you everyone for your input!
🌷

jdy123 Fri 10-Jul-20 18:44:29

Aw amazing news !!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in