Talk

Advanced search

Private Medical Pregnancy Care

(7 Posts)
bani Thu 27-Sep-07 12:09:40

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I am trying to find out if anyone knows how you can go about having an elective C-Section in a London Hospital without going through the full and very £££ Private Obstetrician programme. Anyone with any advice or prior experience who be very welcome! Thanks in advance.

ClaphamLauren Thu 27-Sep-07 13:31:09

Is there a reason why you want a c-section?

bani Thu 27-Sep-07 14:26:44

had two natural births and think that my body may have had enough for a variety of reasons so want to be able to consider all options...however it seems so £££ to consider the private route. Any advice?

NoNameToday Thu 27-Sep-07 15:22:02

Are you already pregnant? if so, I would recommend discussing your concerns with your consultant,.

If you read the new NICE guidelines, there is the provision for what you are requesting.

If your reasons for the request are because of your previous experiences it may help you to have some form of debriefing prior to your decision.

Hope that doesn't sound presumptious, you may have already been along that route.

bani Thu 27-Sep-07 15:31:46

Yes I already pregnant - 10 weeks. I will search out the NICE guidelines on google - being completely daft but I have no idea what that stands for.
Thanks for the advice as all I've done at the mo is get myself booked in with a consultant but it is just going to be so expensive its eye-watering.
It seems to be the only way to be able to keep your options open about having a natural or elective c-section birth is to go along the consultant/private route....at great expense!

NoNameToday Thu 27-Sep-07 17:10:56

NICE = National Instute for Clinical Excellence bani.

Please don't commit yourself to high expenditure until you have looked at the options available to you.

There are lots of very knowlegeable people on these board who will give their advice freely and impartially.

lulumama Thu 27-Sep-07 17:13:43

if there is a medical reason that c,section could be indicated, then you are half way there

maternal request is not the be all and end all, but it should be considered by your consultant/ Midwife

there is a link to the new guidelines on here under the childbirth topic already

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now