Talk

Advanced search

What pregnacare to take after delivery?

(6 Posts)
BabyCJuly Sat 04-Jul-20 10:20:10

Hi there,

Trying to get organised as have c-section Friday.

I’ve been taking pregnacare throughout... do I take a different one straight after baby comes?

For example as soon as the day after?

OP’s posts: |
dementedpixie Sat 04-Jul-20 11:46:19

Finish what you have left before taking anything else. Take whatever ones you want afterwards.

Puppydogg1 Sat 04-Jul-20 11:47:26

When my sister had her baby last year her midwife told her to carry on taking her usual Pregnacare tablets until they ran out, and then switch to a breast feeding one if she wanted or carry on with the normal Pregnacare.

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and my midwife has told me to do the same, carry on with the same ones I've already got so as not to waste them, and then look to swap them after depending on post natal needs.

Best of luck for your c section! Xx

dementedpixie Sat 04-Jul-20 11:47:44

Its only really vitamin D that's especially important to take

dementedpixie Sat 04-Jul-20 11:48:51

and there are probably cheaper ones than pregnacare that have the same ingredients

Zhampagne Sat 04-Jul-20 13:08:55

Finish the pack you have. After that NHS advice is for breastfeeding mothers to take a vitamin D supplement and in some areas you might be given free Healthy Start vitamins by your health visitor. Breastfed babies (or combi fed having less than 500ml of formula per day) should also be given a vitamin D supplement.

I take Floradix as a gentle iron supplement which helped to replete my levels after birth.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in