Talk

Advanced search

Confused about pregnancy date

(14 Posts)
RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:09:36

Hi can anybody please help? I’m trying to figure out how many weeks pregnant I am! My last period was 8 weeks ago however after this period I came off my pill and about a week later had a withdrawal bleed from coming off the pill that only lasted a couple of days. Do I count my pregnancy from the last day of my period or the last day of the withdrawal from the pill bleed!?

OP’s posts: |
Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:11:31

Sorry, when was the period and when was the withdrawal bleed? Which one came first?

It's always the first day of something till the dating scan.

RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:13:03

So my period was 8 weeks ago and I didn’t go back on my pill after this period and then a week after the period I got another bleed for a couple of days which I think was because I didn’t start taking my pill again :/

Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:14:24

Did you rake the pill after the period? I'm trying to make sense of it. Is it:?

8 weeks ago bleed, stopped pill immediately and had another bleed 7 weeks ago?

Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:15:43

Was tge second bleed a proper bleed with clots ansd all or some light spotting?

RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:15:54

Sorry im sounding confusing aren’t I haha! I was on a contraceptive pill and had my week break from it to have a withdrawal bleed. After this bleed I didn’t continue to take my pill. A week later I bled for a couple of days. Do I count my pregnancy from the later bleed that happened for a couple of days or from my withdrawal bleed that happened before I stopped the pill?

RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:16:15

Yes the second bleed was like a normal period

Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:17:02

Sorry im sounding confusing aren’t

It could also be me with pregnancy brain not working properly grin

Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:18:21

I'm not sure. I think you need a dating scan. Do they do those around 8 weeks where you live?

RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 14:19:20

Haha I think that makes both of us! No they’re making me wait until I’m 11 weeks before a midwife will even see me for my booking appointment?!

peachypetite Fri 03-Jul-20 14:44:58

That’s a normal time frame for your booking appointment. You’ll be given a due date at your 12 week scan so I wouldn’t stress trying to calculate it yourself.

Isthisfinallyit Fri 03-Jul-20 14:44:59

Sorry I can't help. Can you try a private appointment? Or are you ok with waiting those extra weeks?

Wanderer1 Fri 03-Jul-20 15:03:42

I'd count it from the second bleed. It won't make much difference if it was only a week later anyway as dating scans can shift the due date by that much anyway. But yes, go from second bleed as it was unlikely to have been an implantation bleed.

RL78 Fri 03-Jul-20 16:19:48

Thankyou so much everybody for your help I feel so much better now!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in