Talk

Advanced search

EPU

(9 Posts)
Cuwins Tue 30-Jun-20 20:54:40

I have been told by my GP to ring my local EPU tomorrow morning as I have had some bleeding today, initially very light but a bit heavier this evening. I'm 5+5 tomorrow, what are they likely to do/say do you think? I have had a positive test today

OP’s posts: |
1ce1cebaby Tue 30-Jun-20 21:12:15

Depends on the unit - mine say ‘call back if the bleeding gets really heavy or pains are unbearable’ and if this happens out of hours go to A&E. When they say heavier they mean soaking through a pad in an hour. Hope all is good though and you dont need them

Cuwins Tue 30-Jun-20 21:24:12

Thanks. It's definitely not that heavy but it's gone from just when I wipe at lunchtime to small amounts on the pad now. No pain though

icedaisy Tue 30-Jun-20 21:38:23

Mine would say as per pp, and would book in a scan for around 8 weeks.

I hope all is ok.

Cuwins Tue 30-Jun-20 21:52:07

Thank you. I may try to book a private scan next week if that's the case. Going to do another test in the morning

icedaisy Tue 30-Jun-20 21:56:35

I would call them and check what their position is. It really does vary greatly from place to place.

Cuwins Tue 30-Jun-20 22:01:51

Oh yes I was going to call anyway

1ce1cebaby Tue 30-Jun-20 22:06:03

Hopefully they see you - even just for the reassurance or do bloods. Take care x

Cuwins Wed 01-Jul-20 10:05:05

Spoke to them this morning, it might be a MC or it might be nothing. It's too early for scan to be reassuring. Call back in a week if it's still going on and they will scan me or if it stops before then just forget about it and don't worry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »