Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SO SORRY FOR A GIRL WHO'S BABY WAS STILLBORN

(8 Posts)
Dawn2820 Wed 26-Sep-07 14:52:18

I was in hospital over the weekend for a suspected blood clot in my leg. whilst i was waiting to be discharged, a girls mom came out in floods of tears. Her daughter had given birth to her daughter who was stillborn it was awful to see.

it really makes me lucky my pregnancy hasnt been so bad so far, but also the possibility of that ever happening scares me to death!

dal21 Wed 26-Sep-07 14:57:34

apologies in advance if this seems a little harsh, but should this really be posted on a pregnancy thread for lots of pregnant women to read and add to their multitude of worries? i cannot even see what response/ question you are asking?

Again - if i am being unfair, then apologies, but dont think this is the best of places to post this experience. sad

Summerfruit Wed 26-Sep-07 15:00:35

Message withdrawn

Elasticbandstand Wed 26-Sep-07 15:02:19

you have to put it in perspective.
horrible thing to happen though.

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 26-Sep-07 15:08:23

(I have asked MNHQ to move it to miscarriage/bereavement)

Dawn, try not to worry, it does happen but, thankfully, not to a large proportion of people.

I spent alot of my last pregnancy completely paranoid as I hadn't found out I was pregnant until 18 weeks and had been drinking and not living healthily up until that point. DD was fine though smile

Dawn2820 Wed 26-Sep-07 22:37:28

i was only sharing an apprehension i had had, no need for people to take offence is there.

thanks for to people who understand i never ment to offend anyone

dal 21 -i have had more than my fair whack of worries, so i am saying how hard it would be

bluebell82 Thu 27-Sep-07 08:36:50

Dawn I really don't understand the fuss caused.. It is shocking when you see things like that and maybe it should have been posted elsewhere but when you are het up and upset about something the last thing you will think of is which section of MN is most appropriate. It is actually one of my fears and I should think everyone at sometime or another has thought it during their pregnancy.. I have always seen MN as a window into worlds I know nothing about and can draw experiences and truths from, so I don't feel your post was inappropriate.

DANCESwithHughJackman Thu 27-Sep-07 08:39:00

Dawn - I understand the spirit in which your post was made. It is every pg mothers worst fear so seeing it on here won't make it any more or less real. Good luck with your pg.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now