Talk

Advanced search

Terrified of miscarriage

(7 Posts)
Tmemily Mon 29-Jun-20 12:06:26

Hey!

So I took a pregnancy test on the day of my missed period and found out that I'm pregnant. So now I'm nearly 5 weeks and I'm absolutely petrified of miscarrying.

This is my third pregnancy. I had a termination with my first, as I was so young and was not in the position to raise a child. Then with my second pregnancy, I was blessed to give birth to a healthy little girl who is now 2.5 years.

I have been extremely lucky, but I can't shake the niggling feeling that I'm going to lose this pregnancy.

Two of my close friends miscarried last year after having a healthy pregnancy, and another had a chemical pregnancy after having 2 healthy boys. I know it's so normal to worry, but is there anything I can do to keep my mind occupied or ease my nerves at all?

I've had mild back pain and mild cramping, sore boobs and tiredness but no sign of any sickness yet.

OP’s posts: |
Somethingsnappy Mon 29-Jun-20 17:03:06

Hi OP. You're in good company with your anxieties.... I think most women worry about this in the early days. It all feels so new and precarious. Your symptoms sound like good, strong pregnancy symptoms! It's quite early still for nausea...it usually kicks in after about six weeks. Were you sick or nauseous with your last pregnancy? I found the symptoms helped me to feel less anxious. I'm sorry you're feeling so horrible. We feel elated when we find out we're pregnant and then very quickly the anxiety kicks in so we can't enjoy it. Nature's cruel joke!

Tmemily Mon 29-Jun-20 20:05:05

@Somethingsnappy thank you so much for replying. I'm glad I'm not alone!

I didn't have any sickness with my daughter, but I never had chance to worry about it as I didn't find out I was pregnant until I was nearly 10 weeks and I booked myself straight in for an early private scan 🙈

I've booked myself in for an early scan again at 8 weeks, so hopefully everything will be fine up until then and I'll will put my mind a little bit at ease

Somethingsnappy Mon 29-Jun-20 20:12:08

If you didn't get nausea with your last pregnancy, you might escape it this time too! About a third of women don't experience morning sickness. But as I said, your symptoms sound nice and strong. It's almost impossible not to worry - i think this is our lot as mothers! - but as the weeks go by you will feel less anxious, and your scan will definitely help. Wishing you all the best and a happy and healthy pregnancy!

LizzyAnna99 Mon 29-Jun-20 21:05:23

I had the exact same issue and would go to the toilet every 20 minutes wiping myself red raw expecting to see blood sad now I feel so stupid for feeling like that! Your pregnancy will go well and your baby will be fine x

Tmemily Tue 30-Jun-20 22:41:35

@LizzyAnna99 thank you so much for your response. aw I really do hope so, and yes I'm totally with you on the excessive wiping 🙄 it's like I'm just waiting for it to happen

Tmemily Tue 30-Jun-20 22:42:42

@Somethingsnappy thank you so much! thanks

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »