Talk

Advanced search

Second trimester "spotting"

(2 Posts)
emmavictoria89 Sun 28-Jun-20 18:30:16

Hey everyone.

I am currently 14+5 pregnant with twins. It's my first pregnancy.

Since 12 weeks I have had spotting and pink "blood" almost everyday when wiping. I have had cramps etc but nothing terrible, I've had period like cramps throughout.

About a week ago I did have some bad cramps in the middle of the night and called 111, they told me to go to a&e so I did and they ran some tests, examined me and did a scan. Babies were ok and very active which put my mind at ease but I'm still having the spotting everyday. I've seen a dr since and spoken to midwives but no one can get to the bottom of it. Not even the drs in a&e.
The only thing they found was my white blood cell count was up which made me think maybe a UTI but when the results of that came back it came back clear.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not getting much help or answers from anyone and I'm constantly anxious everytime I go to the bathroom.

Thank you for any advice in advance.

OP’s posts: |
lockdownpregnancy Sun 28-Jun-20 21:36:10

I'd call your maternity assessment unit. They will give you and baby are really thorough check if you're spotting.
I'd keep pushing until I had every check under the sun done when it comes to something like that.
Don't feel like you're being a nuisance either!
Better to be safe than sorry!
Hope everything is ok

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in