Talk

Advanced search

Do I trust my due date from opk or the date from ultrasound?

(3 Posts)
Crumbsinthecarpet Sun 28-Jun-20 14:42:40

Hi!
So I got my strongest positive opk on the 3rd Jan this year, and when I had my dating scan they put me at 13+4 which meant I would be due on the 18th September. This meant I would have had to ovulated on the 27th December or so, when I know I had a negative opk. So going from the 3rd Jan positive opk I think I should actually be due a week later on the 25th Septembe.

My questions is, should I trust my opk or the dating scan? I've also had my 20 week scan when they said she was about right for gestation

I know it's only a week difference, the reason I want to know is because going for a VBAC and I do NOT want to be induced, I've said I'll have an elective at 42 weeks instead of an induction, however I want to give her a chance to get out of her own accord 🤣 but if by this point I'm actually 41wks then maybe I'd have the opportunity to get induction/csection pushed back a bit... I don't know, hopefully won't come to this anyway haha!

OP’s posts: |
thetangleteaser Sun 28-Jun-20 15:20:02

That’s so difficult but even though you ovulated on that date, you may have conceived a few days later as sperm are said to live in the body for up to 5 days🤷🏼‍♀️ then the scan could be a few days out therefore changing your date further. If you go overdue then express that you wish to wait and agree to regular monitoring and potentially consider sweeps if that’s something you are keen on and see what happens😌

barneymcgroo Sun 28-Jun-20 15:30:23

I was convinced my dates were wrong with DS2, born last month. Ultrasound gave me one day, I calculated (so not OPK, but thought my dates pretty good) over a week later. Was also going for VBAC, so again, wanted to give him as much time as possible to get here naturally, so read up on induction choices, VBAC etc for weeks beforehand.
Day before ultrasound date, the little star decided to make an appearance all by himself.
Anyway, what I really wanted to say is that they can't make you do anything that you don't want to. And to read this:

https://www.aims.org.uk/journal/item/vbac-on-whose-terms

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in