Talk

Advanced search

Faint positive on Tesco test

(7 Posts)
hgrace638 Thu 25-Jun-20 08:48:39

Tested with a Tesco test and got this faint blue line, it's definitely blue and not grey. (Pictured)

Two days later (today) I've done two clear blue early detection tests and both are negative.

Period is due in about 5/6 days.

Had sore nipples, nausea, unprotected sex and heightened emotions.

Just wondering what your opinions are? Could I be pregnant or most likely not with the clear blue being negative?

OP’s posts: |
mistletoeprickles Thu 25-Jun-20 11:49:43

Clearblue aren't very sensitive but your also testing very early. Try and hold on a few days and test again

hgrace638 Thu 25-Jun-20 13:09:50

mistletoeprickles

Clearblue aren't very sensitive but your also testing very early. Try and hold on a few days and test again

Yeah I know it's really early, also did a first response rapid response (pink dye) and it came back negative, could the Tesco one be more sensitive than all of these?

LJEva Fri 26-Jun-20 09:22:12

Hi there I had the same with Morrisons tests and my GP said they tend to be more reliable - a positive is a positive she said!

I actually stopped using clear blue over the months of trying for a baby as it was costing me a fortune... those Morrisons tests were correct and I'm now 14 weeks with a very healthy baby smile

sel2223 Fri 26-Jun-20 09:37:45

It could go either way OP as it really is super, super early!
Try and wait till 13/14 dpo if you can and do a pink dye test with FMU. That's your best chance for an accurate result, otherwise you're gonna spend a fortune and it won't change the result.

hgrace638 Fri 26-Jun-20 13:10:11

LJEva

Hi there I had the same with Morrisons tests and my GP said they tend to be more reliable - a positive is a positive she said!

I actually stopped using clear blue over the months of trying for a baby as it was costing me a fortune... those Morrisons tests were correct and I'm now 14 weeks with a very healthy baby smile

Congrats! I was shocked that the Tesco line appeared so soon and is still there. I'll attach a photo if I can. Then I did one of the clear blue early detection ones with FMU and then a second one about an hour after. Looking at them now it looks like there's a very very extremely faint line on one 😅 but I'm wondering is that just always there?

AF due in the next 4/5 days so will update!

hgrace638 Fri 26-Jun-20 13:11:25

sel2223

It could go either way OP as it really is super, super early!
Try and wait till 13/14 dpo if you can and do a pink dye test with FMU. That's your best chance for an accurate result, otherwise you're gonna spend a fortune and it won't change the result.

Thanks! Gona wait for AF and see what happens, had a cry yesterday when the clear blue came back negative, but feeling a little better today.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in