Talk

Advanced search

Extreme tiredness 12 weeks

(6 Posts)
Ducky1900 Tue 23-Jun-20 16:34:06

Anyone else still have extreme tiredness?
I wake at 8.30am with toddler, by 12.30 I definately am struggling and wanting to lie down, and by half 1, I have to lie down, I'm asleep in minutes, and it's a deep sleep.
I wake And feel like I've been asleep 5 minutes when it's actually Been 2 hours!

Luckily my OH is home to help with the toddler, and most days he does nap at that time too.

OP’s posts: |
student26 Tue 23-Jun-20 16:34:49

I did when I was pregnant. Just exhausted all the time.

Ducky1900 Tue 23-Jun-20 16:43:09

I'm off sick for 2 weeks now with pregnancy nausea, most days I have to have a nap.
I don't know how ill manage going back to work for 10 hours a day and not Getting a nap 😂

OP’s posts: |
BertieBotts Tue 23-Jun-20 19:17:26

It gets better, you're at about the peak of it, it gets a bit better in the second trimester.

You could ask your midwife about iron supplements, pregnancy can make people anaemic. But it also could just be pregnancy.

Gerdticker Tue 23-Jun-20 19:22:45

Yep get your iron checked - that’s a major cause of tiredness and easy to remedy with tablets

Make sure you’re eating really good grub - maybe add an egg for breakfast and plenty of fruit & veg of course!

Drink PLENTY. It’s so easy to get dehydrated especially now the weather is hotting up

Enjoy those naps - ‘naps save lives’ as someone famous once said!! grin

BabyG123 Tue 23-Jun-20 22:29:15

Yup! Well 11 weeks and sleeps 7 hours at night. Nap with DS1 for 1-2 hours but feel like I'm not with it at all when I wake up! Like I'd happily continue for a nights worth of sleep! Didn't have this last time either. But I'm off meat, so will get my Iron levels down like suggested here!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in