Talk

Advanced search

The days before labour...

(8 Posts)
happygolucky6 Mon 22-Jun-20 17:58:02

Just wondering what everyone felt like the days leading up to labour?

Is there anything now that you look back on and go "ohhh that was a sign" or did labour just suddenly start?

OP’s posts: |
mrslillian Mon 22-Jun-20 18:26:20

With my first I felt sooo sick for a few days before he came, and the day before I had him I started notoriously cleaning the skirting boards 🙈 can't think of any other signs that he was on his way though. I'm interested to see other people's responses to this though as I'm due in a couple of months with my second smile

mrsc1987 Mon 22-Jun-20 18:38:39

I felt extremely tired and had an achey pressure type feeling around my stomach which felt like constipation, as soon as my waters broke (waters went before any contractions or anything else happening) it went away and i felt much better. I was also slightly off my food

BadAlice Mon 22-Jun-20 19:16:46

I felt great! Went on a trampoline at a family party at 40+5 😂 was in the gym the next day and had an amazing work out (the best in weeks) and started to get a few cramps. My waters broke that night.

Wheresmycider Mon 22-Jun-20 19:19:23

Earlier that day i had felt hot, tired, heavy and just generally meh!
All i wanted was a soak in a warm bath and a sleep. Had the former but not the latter as i realised what was going on just after getting out of the bath.

Gerdticker Mon 22-Jun-20 19:23:59

Period type pain for the week before, especially at night. Made me very grumpy!

Also some mild braxton hicks In the day time

Did a lot of ‘spinning babies‘ exercise all week as I was worried baby was in the wrong position - I do recommend their website

My D.C. was born at 41+1 naturally

iLanny Mon 22-Jun-20 20:16:07

I kept losing parts but of my mucus plug in the days before labour. On the day itself I felt a lot of pressure down below. After dinner I felt like I really needed to go to the toilet but couldn’t go. I tried again about 20 minutes later, still couldn’t go and had a contraction instead. Baby was in my arms 7 hours later!

I’m currently 36 weeks with my second and waiting to see how it happens this time.

Gerdticker Mon 22-Jun-20 22:21:47

Just a thought to add to my post above - I had no bloody show, no mucus plug, and my waters didn’t break until the moment DC was born - She was actually born in the intact sac.

so these aren’t necessarily great indicators for everyone! x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in