Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy dandruff?

(11 Posts)
LouisLitt1 Sun 21-Jun-20 12:05:55

I’ve just washed my hair and combing it after I can’t believe how much dandruff I have. I’ve never had it in my life. Has anyone experienced it and found any good shampoo? My hair is dark and it’s really obvious. Pregnancy really is the gift that keeps on giving isn’t it.

OP’s posts: |
WhatWouldPennyDo Sun 21-Jun-20 12:09:09

I got this for a week in my first trimester but since then my hair has been AWESOME (for me, anyway!). Loads of volume, growing fast, only needs washing twice a week (used to be every day). Has been a brilliant surprise and makes up for some of the more shitty symptoms! Hope this happens for you, too.

LouisLitt1 Sun 21-Jun-20 12:10:10

I’m in my second trimester and it’s only just started being a problem!

WhatWouldPennyDo Sun 21-Jun-20 12:12:38

Hopefully just a blip for you.

H&S always gets good reviews and smells nice if you need to treat it

BeMorePacific Sun 21-Jun-20 12:13:33

I had it for a week in my 1st tri too! Never had it before. But it didn’t last. I just used some H&S xx

Lola871 Sun 21-Jun-20 12:32:39

I've noticed it a couple of times but not consistently enough to use a shampoo for it regularly. I have dark hair too, it's annoying! Hopefully it won't hang around!

LauraC1984 Sun 21-Jun-20 19:17:35

I've noticed this too, it's awful! I've been using t-gel shampoo and it's completely gone but I hate the smell of the shampoo! 🤦‍♀️

jojanna Sun 21-Jun-20 22:11:32

I have this... am just using head and shoulders, and trying to really scrub my scalp when I wash my hair. Still a bit flaky if I scratch my head, but improving... I'm kinda prone to dry skin/flaking anyway - and pregnancy is kinda bringing out the worst in my skin!

Chelseabunsforme Sun 21-Jun-20 22:19:13

Body Shop Ginger shampoo sorted mine out, it was the only thing that worked.

JulieHanlon12 Mon 22-Jun-20 00:32:01

I'm also a fan of the body shop ginger shampoo and conditioner as I sufferered from this for a good few weeks too, very annoying as dark hair! My auntie is a senior hairdressing lecturer and said its not dandruff just a dry flaky scalp, and it's just hormone changes. I'm 14 weeks and it's definitely improved. Good tip is to try and rub the conditioner into your scalp not just the ends as this will moisturise more! Hope this helps 😊

LouisLitt1 Mon 22-Jun-20 07:13:12

I’ll see how it goes and will look at the ginger shampoo. Thanks.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in