Talk

Advanced search

Moxibustion for breach

(9 Posts)
blue122 Fri 19-Jun-20 15:05:05

Has anybody had moxibustion for a breech baby? I am due to have this at hospital next Friday and I'm wondering what people's experiences are with this 😊

OP’s posts: |
Twistering Fri 19-Jun-20 15:08:22

I had it...I’d been having acupuncture before got pregnant so same lady came to my house to do it. Was relaxing but did bugger all sadly! Except make me laugh a bit at points! Have they tried turning the baby already? Tried that too. Had c-section!

AgnesNaismith Fri 19-Jun-20 15:14:37

Haha this reminds me of when dc1 was breach...we bought a moxibustion candle from an alternative health store with instruction on how to use it.....

Dh spent 2 hours holding it under my little toe next to open patio doors in our tiny flat. There were weird looks and we often talk about when dh smoked my toe.

Not sure if it worked but she wasn’t breach in the end...may have been the leaning over the birthing ball for 4 weeks before birth that helped more...I was advised of a website called ‘spinning babies’ but couldn’t make head or tail of it at the time grin

blue122 Fri 19-Jun-20 15:31:34

@Twistering ahh that's not too promising then! Haven't tried to turn him yet, I'm not sure if I even want to try that 😩 how was it for you?

@AgnesNaismith haha that's so funny! I can imagine I wouldn't be able to take my dp doing it seriously 🤣 how far along where you when you did this? Lucky that baby has turned in the end!

Twistering Fri 19-Jun-20 17:04:21

I thinks it’s all worth a go...just maybe have low expectations! Turning is 50/50 at best apparently. It was pretty medieval tbh...they give you a muscle relaxant and then I had a doctor pretty much put her whole weight into pressing down on the side/bottom of bump. Her arms were shaking she was pressing so hard! It doesn’t hurt at all but not pleasant and for full disclosure, I did cry. They gave up pretty quickly though as she clearly wasn’t budging! All this said, I was 36/7 weeks so may have more success if earlier? And Spinning Babies site recommended to me too. Fingers crossed for you!

blue122 Fri 19-Jun-20 17:31:05

@Twistering that sounds absolutely terrible! I don't think I'd be happy with doing it, it scares me for some reason! Sounds so medieval! By the time I was having it done I'd be between 36/37 too. Moxibustion next Friday I'll be 35+2 then another scan to check him again then the possible turning. Think I'll probably turn it down though, as much as I really would rather not have a c section!!

blue122 Fri 19-Jun-20 17:33:11

@Twistering he's also already estimating at 6 pounds so he's not little!!

poloevi Fri 19-Jun-20 17:35:04

Could highly recommend Spinning Babies to help with breech. They've got a whole section on various exercises and positions that could help rotation.

AgnesNaismith Sat 20-Jun-20 09:15:08

It was 10 years ago grin at the time I was between 36-38 weeks and induced at 42 shock

Couldn’t help but click on the link as I’d not seen the word since.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in