Talk

Advanced search

Post toilet bleeding

(5 Posts)
MemeRo Wed 17-Jun-20 20:26:36

Hi I'm hoping someone else has experienced this because I do not remember it with first pregancy! I'm 9+3 with number 2. Have been bleeding on and off since 5 weeks but had a scan and everything's fine so not overly worried. However yesterday a new symptom has appeared and now I'm worried again.

So after have a bowel movement I'm bleeding from the vagina. Bright red fresh flood. Obviously I googled and am getting all sorts that's stressing me out more

Did any experience this and went on to have a normal pregnancy still?

OP’s posts: |
CBhope Wed 17-Jun-20 20:33:06

Hi there,

I didn’t have the exact same situation but I did experience bleeding at 8 weeks (fresh blood and some clotting). I was seen the next day which confirmed baby was ok and they told me that some women just bleed on and off throughout their pregnancy. They said mine may be implantation bleeding but I asked wouldn’t that of stopped by that stage and the sonographer told me that it can actually happen at any time in pregnancy.

Best to get it checked out but maybe you are on of the few which just gets occasional bleeds throughout?

MemeRo Wed 17-Jun-20 20:39:13

Hi yeah I'm not overly worried about the on/off bleeding I've had over the last 4 weeks but this is specifically when I've been to the toilet that's freaking me out :/

OP’s posts: |
Ajahd Wed 17-Jun-20 20:40:04

I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant with my first smile I bled every single day between 8 and 14 weeks. I had days with small amounts of bleeding and some days where i was sitting on the toilet as it was almost like a tap had been left to drip. I did find however that if I had to 'strain' during a bowel movement, I would notice more blood than earlier that day, or it would be fresh again.

They ended up finding bruising (or a subchoronic haematoma) but it wasn't anywhere near baby. Some point between 14 and 16 weeks my body absorbed the bleed and I've had to related issues since. With how much this baby kicks and squirm, it doesn't seem to have done them any harm!

Try not to stress. Doctors and midwives told me that physical activity wouldn't affect my bleeding (I was a dog walker so did a lot of walking throughout the day) but I only found that my bleeding started to stop once I took a week off to rest. Could've been a coincidence but might be worth using this opportunity to put your feet up a bit smile

DaisyChops Wed 17-Jun-20 20:45:11

OP, I had exactly the same thing happen twice to me, first time I was 12 weeks, then 18 weeks, DS is now 12! I had a scan after the second time just to check for heartbeat as I had a hospital appt that day and all was ok

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in