Talk

Advanced search

Miscarriage risks?

(5 Posts)
sel2223 Tue 16-Jun-20 23:43:03

Yes, apparently it's true.

Obviously it doesn't go completely but the risk reduces a lot once you've seen a heartbeat (especially over 8 weeks)

BertieBotts Tue 16-Jun-20 23:32:32

It's possible that your sisters and cousins might have a genetic factor causing multiple miscarriages, DH has this. But it's not that common, it could just be bad luck.

BertieBotts Tue 16-Jun-20 23:29:53

Yes. Although more so once you've passed 10 weeks and have evidence of a heartbeat.

Most miscarriages are very early on. At 8 weeks the chances have dropped quite a lot. It doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but it's a lot less likely.

TenThousandSpoons0 Tue 16-Jun-20 23:23:34

Very true. Still a small risk (as with anything in oregnancy) but be positive smile

ttcchapter1 Tue 16-Jun-20 22:48:46

So I had a private scan yesterday and the women said that the heartbeat was strong and baby was measuring perfectly for just over 8 weeks and she made a comment about how that means the chances of a miscarriage fall drastically once you see a strong heartbeat.

Is this true? Im still anxious of miscarriages even though this is my first time conceiving but my sisters and cousins have had a number of miscarriages.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in