Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why I'm so crabby, and how to make it better?

(3 Posts)
PeaceCheese Fri 12-Jun-20 15:40:50

So I'm 10 weeks pregnant now, and my first trimester symptoms (nausea, vomiting, heightened sense of smell) are beginning to go down.

I've had a fairly easy first trimester (little to no nausea, vomiting once a day at most, not terribly tired ...etc) and if anything moodwise I had been calmer and happier and a bit dopier until now.

But now I'm inexplicably irritable all the time. Everything makes me feel cross and feels overwhelming.

My DH and my dog are lovely and no trouble, but it feels like everything about them pisses me off right now.

I've told my husband how I feel, and that it isn't his fault, but that I need more space than normal. I go and sit in another room if the dog is tiring me out so I don't get irritable with her.

I just feel like a terrible person because, whilst I can control how I behave, I can't control this feeling. I've never been like this before. I hate feeling irritable and want to find a way to make it go away.

OP’s posts: |
Mc3209 Fri 12-Jun-20 16:51:32

@PeaceCheese congratulations on your pregnancy!
I feel you re moods. In first trimester I was super irritable. Everything and anything would irritate me, and I had to really control myself not to come across like a crazy lady. Now I am almost 20 weeks, I am very emotional but in a teary crying way. It's so annoying, anything can set it off (and normally that's so not me, I am usually very calm and balanced person). My DH deserves a medal for navigating my moods and I am delighted he understands it's all pregnancy hormones.

PeaceCheese Fri 12-Jun-20 17:33:20

@Mc3209 thank you for your response, it's incredibly reassuring to know that you've experienced it too, and that it does pass. I send you virtual hugs for handling the teariness, you seem to be doing admirably well smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in