Talk

Advanced search

Anyone experienced any brown spotting 8 weeks pregnant

(20 Posts)
babydust2412 Fri 12-Jun-20 15:16:05

I had a miscarriage last cycle so this is my second pregnancy, today I've had a little bit of light brown spotting that's very light, my midwife says I could have just irritated my cervix slightly and it's caused old blood to show itself. Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this? Looking for some reassuring 😊

OP’s posts: |
IfYouCantSeeMyMirrors Fri 12-Jun-20 15:18:15

I had this both times with both of my successful pregnancies, at exactly that point. Wishing you the same luck!

babydust2412 Fri 12-Jun-20 15:29:44

@IfYouCantSeeMyMirrors Thankyou so much that's made me feel so much better. That's great! My midwife isn't worried it's just difficult for me not to worry haha

thetangleteaser Fri 12-Jun-20 17:19:07

Yes I did, I had brown spotting on three separate occasions, about 8,9 and 10 weeks. My heart sank but I just had in my mind ‘whatever will be will be’ I didn’t have any pain or heavy bleeding so just tried to put it to the back of my mind. I stupidly googled and it was literally a 50/50 split of positive and negative stories which didn’t help.

Everything was absolutely fine, no explanation for the brown spotting at all and I now have a healthy 5 month old😌

babydust2412 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:47:00

@thetangleteaser Thankyou! It's just very light brown no red blood or pain with it at all, it's just worrying, so happy for you! smile

BabyG123 Fri 12-Jun-20 20:54:19

I've had this today, in such a panic.

Only on 2 wipes and nothing since 😱

Somethingsnappy Fri 12-Jun-20 21:02:43

I also had brown spotting at about 8 weeks with two of my (successful) pregnancies. Its hard not to feel anxious, but it does seem that lots of women experience this!

babydust2412 Fri 12-Jun-20 22:10:31

@Somethingsnappy Thankyou so much smile

Blogdog Fri 12-Jun-20 22:23:31

Yes, I did. He’s now 11 and taller than me! Hopefully all will be well OP.

babydust2412 Thu 25-Jun-20 11:50:21

Hey again, I had a random red bleed the other day that was one bit of spotting for about 5 minutes and then after that it went away basically straight away. My midwife says it's because of how sensitive the cervix is and things so my mind is at ease from that but am still a little worried after miscarrying in my last pregnancy. Anyone got any good experiences of spotting at almost 10 weeks pregnant? I have a private scan booked for Sunday so will update everyone then 💕

Oreoreo Thu 25-Jun-20 13:38:59

I had quite a lot of brown spotting around 8 weeks, then I had a red bleed around 12 weeks and again a couple of weeks later. The red bleeds never lasted more than a couple of hours and the midwife said it could really be anything at that stage. But I’m 23 weeks now and the baby so far is okay. I understand the panic though as I miscarried last year and now any sign of blood gives me the fear! I hope it’s all okay for you OP, it really can be caused by anything but it’s definitely not always a bad sign

HelloRose Thu 25-Jun-20 13:47:28

My experience of this sadly didn't end well (sorry).
In most cases it is usually fine though. Good luck, I hope you get a positive outcome and it is nothing.

London91 Thu 25-Jun-20 14:20:07

I had very light spotting around 6 and 8 weeks. I we as scanned by EPU due to recurrent miscarriage. Previously the spotting became heavier, but in this pregnancy it never did it was when I wiped alone over the course of a couple of days and then went, usually this was after a day or two of having sex or having an internal scan at EPU. My placenta was low at my 12 week scan so I don't know if this had anything to do with it. I'm now 31 weeks.

Best of luck for Sunday
flowers

babydust2412 Sat 27-Jun-20 11:37:33

Thankyou guys, very nervous but excited for tomorrow 😊 have had no other spotting or anything since so it was just that 5 minutes of small spotting, hopefully things are okay!

babydust2412 Sun 28-Jun-20 12:20:54

Had my scan! Baby is perfect and has been dated back at 8 weeks 5 days, I knew it would be where I ovulated late and had a long cycle this one so I knew that would happen! So I can finally stop worrying now as we got to see baby's heart beating away!

London91 Sun 28-Jun-20 18:15:40

Congratulations! Lovely news!

CazzaCat Sun 28-Jun-20 20:39:02

Awwww congratulations @babydust2412
I am pregnant on my cycle straight after miscarriage and I also experienced the same type of bleeding as you, I thought the worst but now 25 weeks!

Enjoy your pregnancy smile

babydust2412 Sun 28-Jun-20 20:40:51

@CazzaCat that's amazing!! Thankyou!

ballsdeep Sun 28-Jun-20 20:42:14

Me! It coincided with my period due date and I had a huge bleed with clots. All fine though xxx

babydust2412 Mon 29-Jun-20 10:42:20

@ballsdeep I'm so happy everything is fine with you now! That's made me feel much better about mine too so Thankyou smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in